1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Serious Sam 3: BFE Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

LOL@ Cheats Enabled in the first picture.

3. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Steam sales for me... Already gave my contribute to "old shooters" this year with DNF.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

LOL, yeah; from a co-op game I played with Paul a while ago where we were just messing around!

5. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Really saddened to see they've not included all the silly little easter eggs that made the first 2 games so damned fun, I loved the "ooh a rewar...holy s**t that spawned a lot of monsters" moments.

I will miss telling monsters to go aaaaaa themselves

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

That joke is actually completely recycled in one of the early encounters.

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Me too, was hoping it would rock.

8. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Was expecting a bit more tbh and like others I will most likely buy it via a Steam Sale. The graphics look immense though.

9. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

16 player Co-op?!!? If only I had that many friends, it'd be amazing! Having played this (numerous times) at the BT/CPC stand at LITS, I can confirm it is fantastic fun in small bursts, will probably pick this up for giggles.

10. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Was going to pre-order it, much like Payback: The Heist, but decided not too. Now glad I didn't - will pick it up when it's ~£10 in a sale.

11. Druga Runda

Druga Runda What's a Dremel?

What?!?

Sure a fan here, playing the game and enjoying it a lot, but comments like this

Battle fatigue coming in from killing scores of enemies??? I mean FPS games are usually about going out and shooting stuff... I guess you are not bored from killing enemies (or letting your teammates kill them in MW3?)... to pan a game, that is OK, but to came with absolutely no arguments, and just "lack of humour" which is still there, at least from my POV... is hard to believe.

The main point of SS series is to have a ton of varied enemies in enormous locations and enjoying the thrill of fast action and instantaneous "twitch" play... SS3 delivers that better than any recent game on the market... it is like a multiplayer in singleplayer mode. Not to mention the other coop modes - which are even unique... but if you just focus on Single - SS3 delivered, and I had more fun playing it than any recent FPS game I can remember...

Complaining about a lot of fighting in SS series is like complaining that when thirsty you only got beer. I mean if you are not for alcohol (ie not for FPS) - OK... but why are you even writing a review of the beverage than?

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

With you saying that it actually sounds worth getting still, serious sam was only playable in shortish bursts for me, super hectic game that demands near constant dodging & shooting :D.

13. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Yep, it was good in short bursts. My younger cousins used to play the first two for hours on.

14. Anneon

Anneon What's a Dremel?

................................shame

15. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I hate to say it, but some of us found those secret areas with little power-ups and enemies that spawn as soon as you touch them, in the first 10-15 minutes in level 1. :p

16. Bluefish

Bluefish What's a Dremel?

Wowzers 65% , your reviewer really phoned this one in huh. did the guy actually play the game for more than 10 minuites, or just leave it running in the background and go for an early lunch?

The trouble is a lot of people will look at your, and i use the word with a touch sarcasm, "review", and pass up on what is a very good game, which is a shame.

17. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

................................same

18. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Been enjoying it so far, the closed off levels at the start kill the serious sam mood a bit but it is enjoyable killing 100's of enemies and even thu the melee is way over powered it is good fun ripping spiders heads off :D

19. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Did you actually read the review?
    Better yet, why not jump onto metacritic and have a look at the average there, at the time of writing 70/100. Gamerankings has this at 76%. So really this review isn't that far off the mark keeping in mind they use a broader spectrum when it comes to scoring games than most other sites (so 65% isn't that bad a score).

Just because the reviewer has a different opinion to you doesn't make them wrong - take it with a grain of salt. Can't believe this needs to be said everytime someone sees a score they don't agree with on a review...

20. Ryun

Ryun What's a Dremel?

Gotta disagree with the review in a lot of respects. I paid $35 for this game and I don't feel like I wasted a penny. Funny, fun, and multiplayer/co-op is especially entertaining.

It's not perfect, but what game is?

Shame. I usually come here for game reviews, because I feel like you guys hit the mark. Oh well, what game reviewer is perfect? =P

(Just to put my comments in perspective: I've never played a Serious Sam game before).

Tags: Add Tags