1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Setting sights high, built my first ever PC and first attempt at hard tubing, what an experience

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Ben Smith, 19 Dec 2019.

1. Ben Smith

Ben Smith New Member

Hey all,

Newbie here but wanted to start off by sharing my first journey into the PC building world.

Previously I purchased a pre-built machine earlier this year as I had never had a PC before and had no knowledge of how anything went together. I did some minor upgrades as time went on and dressed it up a little .... this led to an addiction and I knew that I needed to build one myself from scratch so I can have it exactly as I want. I have never attempted anything of this scale and never even touched hard tubing so was stretching it a bit but overall i feel it came out well but happy to take feedback if anything you can think to improve. Mostly learnt from watching youtube videos (bad i know) but took a lot from them and helped me get to where it is today.

I will try not to whittle on but I hope you like and remember this was my first try so be gentle haha.

Firstly I apologise for the bad quality photos but they aren't my strong suit so don't really do me any favours but all i have at the moment. I wish i had taken more as it went on but you get into it and forget.

Specs for everything are:

Case: Thermaltake View 71 (Snow Edition)
    PSU: Corsair RM850x
    Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570 Plus
    CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
    Ram/Memory: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz (2x8gb) + Corsair Light Enhancement Kit (x2)
    GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Super
    Storage: WD Black 250gb NVME m.2 SSD + Adata 500gb m.2 SSD + Seagate 2tb HDD

Fans: Corsair LL120 120mm x6 + Thermaltake Riing 140mm x2 (Thermaltake Black/white stickers made up for the front/back centres as preferred this colour to the standard redish colour)
    Configuration: Front x2 140mm as push, Bottom x2 120mm as pull, Top x3 120mm push exhaust, Rear x1 120mm push exhaust

Rads: 360mm SE + 240mm XE
    Reaper Cable Extensions (24 pin, 8 pin (CPU), 6+2 (GPU) x2 in White/Cabon

Watercooling:
    EK Velocity CPU Block
    EK D5 Revo Pump/Res combo with extended 250 height tube and multiport top
    Barrow hard line kit with white compression fittings

Screen:
    Raspberry PI 5" screen with Longruner 5" Surround (modified to fit)

Peripherals:
    Screens: Asus 27" 144hz 1ms + Asus 24" 60hz 1ms (x2)
    Keyboard: Republic of Gamers (ROG) Horus GK2000 RGB
    Mouse: Corsair M65 Elite White + Thermaltake Galeru Bungee
    Mat: Thermaltake extended 900mm x 400mm
    Headset: SteelSeries Artic 5 White
    Stand: Thermaltake E1 RGB
    Speaker: Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar
    Desk lights: Govee led strips (controlled via either phone app or Amazon Alexa)

I tried my best with cable management as know this is a particular peeve of many including myself.

I will shut up now for the most part and let you see the pics.

Hope you like :) and again sorry for the bad quality.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 19 Dec 2019
  2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Well-Known Member

Sweet build