1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sevenfold increase in botnet infections in 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 17 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. SimonStern

SimonStern Registered Lurker

When I first read the title I thought it was about that avenged sevenfold band having a botnet or something lol. Luckily I don't know any of their songs. unluckily right after starting to read the article and reading that word for a third time I started thinking of The J. Geils Band as "Angel in a sevenfold" started playing in my head :duh: And now it's stuck there haha.

As for the article that's kind of scary there's that many, I wonder with rates being lower these days are they just biding their time or something...

3. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

We're seeing a lot more mbr infections at work. Lots of breaking out the old fixmbr command :p

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

TDS rootkit MBR thing

its so easy to detect not sure why most antivirus scanners are not detecting it (Kaspersky mite but its no good on low end systems just makes them go very slow)

5. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

well... a lot of those is probably those running the modified LOIC purposely.

6. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

Makes me curious to know if I've picked up anything unkowingly. Microsoft Security Essentials hasn't picked anything up... But that can't always be trusted.

Anyone recommend a good way to scan for potential infection? If nothing else I can warn others.

Tags: Add Tags