1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 'Sex Workers' says GTA normalises violence

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

They really do have too much free time, don't they? :nono:

3. quack

quack Minimodder

Between Johns, yeah. ;)

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

at least this makes them feel important

5. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

So it didn't bother them 2004-2006?
    It strikes me as a little odd that the game would be out 3 tears before it was decided that it's wrong to shoot prostitutes or run them over to get your money back.

It's a GAME. We play them because it's WRONG to kill people etc. in real life, and we all get a little guilty pleasure from being able to do it in a virtual world. It doesn't make us bad people, or the games bad.

Would Jack the Ripper have gone on his killing spree if he'd had a little R&R with GTA: San Andreas on his PS2?

Who Knows....

6. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:rolleyes: The whole thing is so screwed up I don't know where to start: "sex trade workers" prostitutes, games that glorify random violence on "innocent" (simulated) people, ... ?

7. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

He probably would have..

Maybe Nexxo will correct me on this, but I'm inclined to think that if somebody is mentally imbalanced in such a way as to be homocidally psychotic to begin with, then it doesn't matter one way or another whether they play games or not. :p

8. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Have you not seen all the progoganda, it does matter!

9. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

Why do we placate these people by posting this stuff and acting like it's news. Everyone here knows these people are full of shizer. I say we ignore the ignorant people and maybe someday they will shut the hell up.

10. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

although jack the ripper is a perfect example of how this type of violence is not a result of a game. but a result of an instability. he was doing this what 200 years before? 300 maybe? don't remember the exact time period. but regardless. i feel more people would be inclined to emulate him more then anything. the people that kill prostitutes aren't usually killing them because they are prostitutes, there is an idea about them that they wouldn't be missed. which is a sad way of looking at things.

11. salesman

salesman Minimodder

maybe to balance this out there needs to be a game made where you play a sex worker. just throwing it out there.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Those ho's better shut the hell up else ima beat their asses.

suga' just don't know when to keep it's mouth shut these days...

13. Edenalig

Edenalig What's a Dremel?

Im guessing the kind of person who frequents a "sex worker" would already be in some sort of abnormal frame of mind and thats before you even consider the "workers" circumstances them selves! When you get a supermarket worker or similar that comes up with the same story I will consider it, but this is just rubbish!

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm sorry, hookers, did our video game offend you?

Sex worker my arse. Whine when you're not busy doing the nasty for money :/

15. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I wish they mentioned the good, moral aspects of GTA. They must have forgotten the bits where you had to sort out the people abusing Jizzy B's girls...

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

yet another bunch of uniformed people bashing something they don't know and don't want to learn more about......

17. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

err, how about an International Day to End Sex Workers?

since when are we all trying to defend all the 'poor poor prossies'

18. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I think they may have missed the point. It's not so much the game that normalizes violence against sex workers, it's the sort of attitudes that have been expressed in this thread. Basically the consensus view I'm seeing here is that sex workers are a lower form of human and deserve what they get. Video games may be the symptom, but the problem is when people start thinking they are superior to some "other" group of people. When you think you're better, then it follows that whatever you do to the "other" people is OK. Well, guess what, there are no "other" people, there is just people and in arguing for your superority you demonstrate only inferiority.

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Thats wrong, because i can drive over normal people too:lol:

I was savagely attacked by a pack of biscuits, so there must be a union to protects fools like me from mindless biscuits,
    The "Supermarket Workers attacked by products Assosiasion" will come to my aid. Yea right.

Sam

20. Akava

Akava Lurking...

LMAO! Thats brilliant, I have been violently attacked by a number of products, including a pack of nuts :O granted they where thrown at me by a colleague... but still...

Tags: Add Tags