1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 Shadow of the Colossus

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ArtificialHero, 5 Aug 2007.

1. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

This just turned up from Lovefilm, and bloody hell, what a fantastic game! I've beaten the first three colossi already, apparently there are loads more to come, very exciting! The game has some of the best art direction I've ever seen, even though admittedly the graphics aren't the best. I can't believe how well animated the horse is, and I love the fact that when you are on him you don't control the horse, you control your character who controls the horse (i.e. you can kick the horse and steer via the reins, but he also navigates paths and things by himself).

In short - love it. Anyone else played it?

AH

p.s. PLEASE use spoiler tags where appropriate!

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

There was a thread on this ages ago... it is one of those iconic games, almost more a work of art, made by the same people who created "Ico" (look it up: love "Shadow of the Colossus? You'll love "Ico").

Part of my personal collection. I have only five games for my PS2:

- Wipeout Fusion
    - Rez
    - Ico
    - Shadow of the Collosus
    - We Love Katamari

3. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

I've got Ico too, it came in the same Lovefilm delivery. It's next on the list!AH

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yep good game, one of the few I missed when I had a PS2 and picked it up when I got the PS3, very nice game. Was a hard game to find though I'd never heard of lovefim.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Strangely enough, I had a quick pick up and play of this today and I still can't get past the eighth colussus. The one that you
    bait by whistling or shooting an arrow
    at it, then it
    climbs up and shoots electric death
    at you so you then
    run round the other side and shoot its feet so it falls
    off, then (gasp) you get your arse
    down to the bottom
    and poke it with your sword. Repeat, rinse and wash a further three or four times I think and it's finished off, but by crikey it's bloody hard. I've enjoyed it up to this point though, all the previous colossi are ace and I've heard there's some gooduns to come.

Anyway, I gave up and had a blast on Gradius 5 :)

Last edited: 6 Aug 2007
  6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Always wanted to play this game, and ICO, but I just never had a PS2. :(

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's worth gettign a cheap ps2 for.

8. K

K 528491

Just stay near-ish the bottom so you don't have to jump down very far. Don't bother with running down the stairs. If you've got the patience, it's one of the easiest ones. Even on hard mode. Just don't try and rush it.

Probably my favourite PS2 game. I've completed it so many times now. I keep meaning to try and get all the Time Attack goodies, but some of them are just way too difficult for my liking. I like that you don't have to rush the game really. I got the big harpoon though, fun times!