1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Shakmods Pre-Braided Cables Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 20 Jun 2012.

1. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog New Member

@ Combatus

Sorry if my post was a little touchy.
    Thanks for the reply and I appreciate the efforts and changes you make for us, the readers.
    If Bit-Tech ever wants to hire a pedantic ******* to complain about everything, then look no further. :)

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Staff Super Moderator

No problem :) and I don't know about a pedantic ******* but if you're serious then this might be worth a read...

3. stoff3r

stoff3r New Member

Tried to disable adblock for this article. Turns out theres some horisontal ad-bar running along the complete width of the site, and on top of your article. Tried to X-it out. (some internet explorer 9 commercial) but then it went haywire and started a presentation with sound and animation. Well I gave it a try and now my adblock is back on again. Too bad, I wanted to see those pictures... :)

4. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I don't know Mankz' reasons but I'd say you have two answers there.

To me the whole point of sleeving is to make one tidy looking cable rather than a mess of smaller roughly parallel cables. Yes, I have seen individual sleeving done neatly (usually just for the colours ) but to me it still maintains the problem sleeving is intended to resolve (and needlessly bulks up those cables). It's a case of form over function. Both together is best but if I have to choose I prefer function over form - especially on the inside of the case.

5. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog New Member

@Combatus

Thanks for that link, I'll certainly give it a thorough read and check it out.

6. Asouter

Asouter --------

Great looking cables,

7. Asouter

Asouter --------

Hope this takes off for you, it's good to see a personal touch to the products. In this day and age accountants run the world (rather badly) So having a company set up and really care about their products is like a breath of fresh air.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Truth be told, I don't know whyI actually hate them as much as I do... I just don't like them. I admire people who do them, don't get me wrong. I remember the hours it took to sleeve a PSU with a sleeving kit 7 or so years ago, doing individually sleeved cables must take hours.

I just prefer not to see any cables at all, or some sort of method of hiding/stealthing them over sleeving them. I may bash them in other parts of the forums, but Im not going to have a go at someone for doing them :thumb:

9. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I could agree with that. I usually just grimace a little then move on. I guess it's a matter of personal tastes.

10. jeckulz

jeckulz New Member

Theyve come a long way since ebay!

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D I can totally understand that, the bit I hate the most on sleeving is freeing pins from adapters, that's the hard part IMO, can be real harsh on the hand muscles if using pliers & a grinded pin unless they remove nice & easy with a tool that works consistently, I like AnG3L's method of just cut the adapter off & sleeve using new adapters :D far less messing.

Covers are nice though, love what p0Pe is doing & would like to do an invisible cable system also, something I might try to do on my current build. :)