1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheldog's "Project13": - 28:MAY

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sheldog23, 2 Dec 2005.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

w00t w00t!

thanks mate... im telling 'ya it will look SUWEET!

2. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

To fill you all in what has happend the past few days. I went to the AMOSLAN this weekend and setup my PC. Realized I forgot some cords so I went home. I only live 5 or so miles away so it was no big deal. On the way back as I was sitting at a red light a huge dodge extended cab rear ended me and totaled my Van. Good think my PC wasn't in there because it would have been so much junk. I ended up spending the day in the ER instead of gaming. Zap took my PC home for me though and the rest of the Austin Modders looked after it for me so thank goodness for that. I am ok now. I was sore as heck for about 3 days but they gave me valuim and vicadin for that.

But now I am back in action and decided to get back to work on Project13. So here is what I have done. The lighting up of the front fans. Sure I could have just bought Crappy clear Red LED fans, but where is the fun in that?

So basically I took a 5x5" piece of the 1/4" two way mirror security glass. Milled a hole in it and added 4 leds and a resistor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I wired them all together and hot glued the wiring to the plex to keep it outta the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bling bling baby. then I did the same thing to the top one and connected them both together...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and now the front fan grills and holes show up much better. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see from the before pics how it makes so much of a difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is finishing up the bottom....

3. Sheldog23

no prob. I am kinda curious myself to see how it does. I KNOW it will look awesome with the theme.

BTW...updated with some new pics.

4. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

wow great effort and great pics I hope to create something like this :) :D

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Looking good.

Sorry to hear about your crash, hope your doing okay :)

6. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

glad u and the mod are ok, its beautiful by the way, i gotta try out that touch sensor thing. I was also wondering how good that anodizing paint looks, compared to real anodizing that is, thanks.

7. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

Love those fan LED's, looks like there's a fire burning inside the case. Great job.

8. Sheldog23

The Anodizing paint looks pretty good. In fact Zap has a pair of these fans that are actually annodized and they look nearly identicle. The good thing about the paint is if you want the red to be a darker more crimson you just add a few more coats. It's less transparent "annodized" looking that way. The bad part is it will scratch off like regular spray paint will. Throwing a few clear coats on it helps.

I have thrown those two front fans around an awful lot in my project box amongst othe misc abuse and they do have a few scratches. but for the most part the paint has held up pretty well.

hope that helps.

9. matrixops

matrixops What's a Dremel?

Damn Sheldog, that is a spectacular case. I've never been a big fan of the Cube style of case, but your work and attention to detail is impressive.

matrixops

10. Sheldog23

OY! I just looked at your Roll cage project and dang thats gonna be cool! A very nice render too. heh, I used to live in Kansas too.

[edit] Loving the red tubing. I am going to have to get some of that from DD myself.

11. Sheldog23

Not really a Modding update but a fun one. This weekends Austin modders meeting went off without a hitch...or me being struck by anything large.

some hightlights include having Poman (Master Mini LED Solderer) put these tiny LED's in my Saitek keyboard. These things are sooo tiny. but dang if it don't look cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can't even see them from here. they are about 1/16" long. I am a decent Solderer but these were tiny and my radio shack soldering gun wasn't going to cut it. I needed professinal help. Thanks Poman!

-We set up a nice photo booth and also had some group shots.

(Photo's taken by Spyd3r)

Project13 compared to a Mountain Mods Cube.

[​IMG]
    The ruler is 18" long.

and then a group shot of the PC's that were there.

[​IMG]
    Large size

Then Mickey21 also showed off his new powder coating gun. We sure had fun with that. While I was there they Powder coated some fans, the back of an Ipod, and some metal to 486Hawks rig. I think after I left they Powder coated everything metal they could get thier hands on in Zaps shop. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well, now that I am done playing around I guess i will get back to work on this case. Don't really have much left to go.

12. Sheldog23

Update with a slight tangent but it get back on track at the end. ;D

13. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

DAMN!!! nice looking touch on the front, it gives it some really nice glow!

i always thought it was quite big, ive personally owned a U2-UFO myself, and damn it was huge, and i thought project13 was about the same size! but damn it looks friggin tiny compared to the u2!

it looks sooooo friggin sexy!

seriously envious of it... it just looks so sweet, yet doesnt go over the line of obsesively lighted or flashy etc etc....

great job, keep on modding!

p.s. that powdercoating gun looks yumz!

14. customh

customh conflagration.

Sweet keyboard stuff, i want the gun

15. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Great worklog and ideas. This is realy going to be a mean machine! :thumb:

I linked to one of your pictures in my worklog, i hope it's ok. here are the update your linke are on ;)

Last edited: 25 Jan 2006
  16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Lovely mate, lovely. :)

17. Sheldog23

Thanks frodo. Yes it is quite small. Takes up a ton less room on my desk than the silverstone TJ05 that I had. That was a behemoth. keep in mind this thing is only a few inches wider than the Motherboard. 13" Squared to be exact.

I don't mind if you link my screws Klikka_bZerk. no prob. It was a pretty pic :D

18. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Thats good ;) I'm going to buy 25 og 50 screws for my project and future projects :D

I realy like the theme on this case, as i said it's going to be a mean machine.

And i just updated my project, and I will appreciate if you take a look and maby comment it to.

19. The Widow Maker

The Widow Maker What's a Dremel?

Dude, nice work!

What I would like to know, can you just buy something like a powder coating gun? Or is that a very expensive thing :p ?

20. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

meh, im bored, and you said guess the specs... well heres my guess

x1800xt
    1gb OCZ Gold series BH5/TCCD
    Sapphire Pure mobo