1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheldog's "Project13": - 28:MAY

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sheldog23, 2 Dec 2005.

1. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

They bought that powder coating gun at Sears for 80 bucks. The powder paint is also pretty cheap too.

http://static.flickr.com/18/90198803_12f14f2ec3.jpg?v=0
    The problem is baking the painted materials. To do anything of good size you need to buy a spare oven to heat it to 400degrees for 20 minutes.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2006
  2. Franklin

Franklin What's a Dremel?

Because I like the old style project logs, where you see the project log and the comments in one, I don't often visit the new project logs, that's why I didn't see this project before :wallbash:
    Great case you've made! I like it.

3. Sheldog23

Thanks Franklin.

Well, no updates really. I got the Zalman GPU cooler and installed it. ran it for several days and then took it off. It can't handle the temps of my X1800XTPE. Let alone when I OC it. A stock speeds it would go into the mid eighties. Can't be having that. Too bad though it looked great with the case. :( but this is my gaming machine and looks aren't everything.

Things are insane at work right now. Got people out and we are shorthanded. So i have been working serious OT. So not much time to mod. Training a new guy so I am hoping to finish the bottom soon and that should be the end of it. Except if I get serious about WCing it.

see you soon.

4. Sheldog23

Time to finally get to it and get this thing finished. The final piece (don't hold me to that :p ) is the bottom. I want to stay with the same raised off plex look that I have around the outsides of the case.

To do this I used some 1/4" red plex and a hole saw to cut out the "Feet" I cut out 8 disks,polished the edges up, and Sandwich welded them around a plex square.

[​IMG]

One 1/4" disk glued to the bottom side of the plex and the one to the top side will be attached to the bottom of the case. Probably with epoxy or VHB tape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be adding lighting that will project a red pentagram around the case to give this case a little base accent lighting. That will be my next update...stay tuned.

5. Sheldog23

Began work on the bottom and hopefully last section of this Mod. Check out the pics. Should have another update soon with some lighting involved.

6. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

I don't think I've commented on this project yet, but I have been following it for quite some time (basically as soon as I saw it). I have to say BRAVO!!!
    This is *honestly* easily one of the top 5 best case mod projects I have EVER seen in my years of being in the computer enthusiast community!

Keep it up man. You have a real skill for this stuff and I'm glad I got the chance to see your project. Truly inspiring! :thumb:

7. Sheldog23

hmmm lets see where did I leave off.... oh yeah. bottom lighting.

[​IMG]

I finally made myself get off my butt and do the lighting. It was quick and dirty but it works good and looks good so who cares right?

[​IMG]

basically I did some evil and messy wiring on the bottom. I don't know why but this pic reminds me of some kind of crazy serial killer or horror show art. I told you it was quick and dirty.

[​IMG]

all the lighting is sandwiched in between the plex layer and the alum. So you can't get to it or mess it up. The bottom plate was attached with VHB tape and gives it a bit of a cushion to it. It also will never come off with this stuff.

I added a black pentagram on the bottome to keep it evil.

[​IMG]

here is a pic of it at the TXGF LAN this weekend. Surrounded by lots of world class rigs.

[​IMG]

The computer automatically turns my drinks evil too.

[​IMG]

Its been so long since I updated this I will just post some old "new" stuff to catch y'all up.

Got new G. Skill Ram.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Matrix Orbital Display.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toxic cooler.

[​IMG]

and for my birthday my friend and fellow Austin Modder Lancer got me a G15 which I modded to match

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that pretty much catches us up. I think I am done with this but then again that mouse needs a painting to match as well as I still want to add some artwork to the front in that blank spot. We'll see.

8. Lancer

Lancer What's a Dremel?

Project 13 looked awesome at the TXGf LAN I grabbed a pic of it while we were there.
    [​IMG]

9. Sheldog23

Hey thanks for the pic Lancer. heh, sorry I wasn't there more....I got distracted.