1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shodo-Pan

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hapless, 28 Aug 2002.

1. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

ure even dumber? lol...those units look to be a bit over rated IMHO...they arent that fancy it seems. hope this all works out for you.

2. Hapless

Hapless What's a Dremel?

Well, finally made some progress. The computer's back up and running, with new cooling system installed. From the outside, it looks completely stock except for the connectors panel:
    [​IMG]
    Had to add a 2nd power connector b/c too many amps were being pulled and it kept blowing the fuses. The small wire on the left is the 12v line that goes to the dual relays and the larger wire on the bottom left is the 12v line that goes to the pelt. Temps are alright, about 10c at idle and 17ish at full load. Loud though. All that's left to do is fix up the front bezel a little, and its ready to be shipped off to nVidia for CES on Monday!

3. Hapless

Hapless What's a Dremel?

Wooo, finished the bezel:

[​IMG]

4. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

glad to see this project finished...bezel looks a bit crappy IMHO however...

5. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I think the bezel would look a little better with slightly rounded edges.

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Rounded edges would be much better ....

The black looks very out of place on the bezel.

7. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Black does kinda look out of place, it might fit in a bit better if there were more subtle bits of black here and there.

8. Hapless

Hapless What's a Dremel?

Well, finally got my rig back from CES. One of the panda's swords was bent out of whack and some of the wiring inside the cooler was trashed, but otherwise it was no worse for wear.

Did some emergency modding on the cooler to get its volume down to acceptable levels, replaced the radiator fan with a 24v Comair Rotron running at 9v and added another rotron to the top to act as exhaust. Cut the noise by around half with no temp. difference.

Now nvidia's just gotta send me my gffx and the fun can begin all over again...

9. Super-Pi

Super-Pi What's a Dremel?

thats the best cut outs ive seen, though i cant say ive seen every single one but still how long did that take you to do?

u sure do seem to get a lot of new toys, would it correct to assume that you are pretty well off?

10. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

one nicely cooled computer!:clap:

11. Altron

Altron Minimodder

That dehumidifier
    Did you just use the chilled water in the trash can and run it through watercoolign setup?
    Sorry if you already mentioned it, I only read page 1.

12. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

awesome case. When you say you used drill bits to do you cut outs.. did you just keep drilling like.. hundreds of holes until u got the shape you wanted to? About how long does that take... that sounds like a good idea but i dont know if i can stand doing all that ;P