1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Take The Plunge?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by charl3s_fatal1ty, 18 Jul 2005.

?

Should Charles Take the Plunge

1. Of course! Come on in, the water's lovely.

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. No don't do it. You may drown and go to Hell for harbouring such thoughts.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. K, I'm a fairly competent user of macs as my dad has a few imac g3s (yes, crap i now!) and my mate has an emac and a ibook. i know that macs have very good stability and the os is streets ahead fo windoze but i'm still not to sure. i do graphic design, audio editing, 3d design, web design, net surfing and play a fair few games.

if i were to get a sexy new mac i'd get a 20" imac g5 with 1gb ram & 250gb hdd,
    anybody own one? if you do please tell me about it's performance in such applications as photoshop & cinema 4d if you use these.

as for my gaming habit can alway get a new graphics card for my fairly old but competent pc rig and maybe get a ps3 soon depending on price.

please leave comments, thanks bit-techers :thumb:

edit: how can i add a poll?

2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Should you take the mac plunge?

Sure. Come on in. The water's lovely. :thumb:

I don't personally own a G5 (yet) - however, It's not (like you say) that you have to forgo gaming and other stuff - you just keep a PC for that, or grab a games console or two. That's what I did. PowerBook for day to day, MacMini music / file server and a PS2 for gaming.

Poll added.

3. I really think I will get an iMac, it would look sweet with my white creature speakers too!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for adding the poll also :thumb:

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

id wait untill the intel version systems are out first....apparently they run hella fast compared to dual G5 systems!! like 2xtimes faster!!!!!

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Go ahead, You will never want to go back to land again! Love my powerbook to bits.

L

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

No don't do it. You may drown and go to Hell for harbouring such thoughts.
    :D

7. RTT

RTT #parp

Bollocks.

Not only that, you'll be waiting a good year or more for the x86's.

Buy now. As long as you don't game or have another machine to play games on, Macs are great. ;)

8. I thought I'd please Froggy if I wait for the MacTels cause everyone knows he's t3h_1ntel fanboi!!!! lol j/k :grin: :hehe:

9. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Getting a MacTel would make you only 50% evil. :p

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

na serious man...i read on another site that the dev kits have been sent out to the developers...an they are lapping it up.but yeah i can see where u might be waiting a while..as software takes the longest to produce.

but the results should be interesting.

11. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

I use a G4 eMac at school with 1 gig of ram for Potatochop, Illustrator, and InDesign, at the same time might i add, and the thing was snappy. Very fast, and never bogged down.

plus, afp is better then samba (windows file sharing), like ALOT better. its amazing.

12. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Don't wait for the Intel switch. It will take a long time. And U will be very pleased with your powerbook. I aswell use several "heavy" programs at the same time, (photosh, illu, indesign, ...) and they work just fine. The only thing thats really much slower on my powerbook (Compared to 64bit PC) is starting up a program. It really takes some time to start up something on a Mac, but when its fired up, there no holding it back!

/cheers Go mac, go mac, go mac !

L