1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple "Showtime"

Discussion in 'Software' started by seebul, 12 Sep 2006.

1. Valo

Valo Minimodder

lol, all new ipod features appear on older 5g ipods after updating their fw to 1.2
    so now i have 5g ipod, bought a while ago with games, gapless (thats, hell of a great thing, that's exactly what was needed) and brightness control. Iam yet to find the song search...
    anyways, seems like those new video ipods were just hdd upgrade - now 80gb, nothing more

on the other hand, itunes 7 is brilliant, i'm lovin it so far

2. customh

customh conflagration.

Anyone tried running multiplugin on itunes 7?

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Doesn't look too bad really. I like the new nanos

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Can someone tell me if i update the firmware on my 5g ipod will i loose all the tracks on it? i havent ever updated the firmware on it since i bought it retail in Jan.

5. RTT

RTT #parp

yes you will atanum121. 99% sure, but if i'm prepared to be wrong :)

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

No, only if you re-initialize it. Or at least that's how it handled the old updater, I'm not sure about the integrated one. Even if it does for whatever reason, which it shouldn't, it's just a matter of resyncing the thing afterwards- not an unbearable PITA,

Having said that, it's either not recognizing my iPod at all, or is doing something really damn slowly the first time around (like downloading that firmware in the background...)

7. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I didnt had any problems with updating to 1.2. Only thing i cant find is the track search.

Ata: no the tracks will stay where they are on your ipod.

8. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

just updated the firmware this morning. no music lost, but when the sync kicked in itunes 'determined gapless audio' and 'optimised album artwork' for all my library, which took nearly as long as copying it all over anyway.

9. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

I agree.

Although the only products to have problems so far that I'm aware of is the new notebook series.

Personally I'm waiting a while before I purchase a new notebook, but thats only because my powerbook does everything I need it to, apart from the hard drive crapping out a few weeks ago, but thats been fixed now.

My iBook was really badly put together, and I actually bought two (my friend wanted one so I bought it for him) just to see if it was just a problem with mine or it was all of them. Both had pretty bad build quality.

The iMac has no problems what so ever, and I've not heard anything bad about the new iPods, Mac Pro's or Mac Mini's... yet.

Although the iPod nano's were pretty shoddy (scratches, broken screens etc) but I'm guessing with the new aluminium casing they should be fine.

10. seebul

seebul Minimodder

Yeh the build quality on the ibooks is really shoddy, the powerbooks and the new range are built so much better.

Tags: