1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shuttle SD37P2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Top stuff, been awhile since i seen a shuttle.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Not too shabby performance for a smaller board. Could the shorter traces help with faster times d'ya think?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Uh, not really because it's one electron in one electron out in any wire. But there will be less chance for crosstalk soooooooo less ECC corrections made? The 975x is better at sub 350 speeds anyway.

5. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Shuttle's are always cool! :cooldude: Nice that shuttle has put 4 ram slots in there!

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Less distance for the energy to pass between electrons, less signal loss aswell.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

small.... i like my computers big!!!!! but this one is cool. :D

8. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Mhhhhm so sexy that little black beauty...but to expensive for me.
    Nice review of it :thumb:

9. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I'm with DXR.. It's a cool, sleek case, but i tend to prefer the big meaty monster which would give the world's strangest man a hernia if he tried to lift it... that being said, I'm sure it would make a pretty good media center pc with a bit of work.

-ed out

10. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

But what does it sound like? You forgot to mention how noisy or quiet it is.

Also, does it manage to run stably with a 8800GTS in there? Does the GTS even fit?

Oh and pleonasm alert: a cubic litre doesn't make sense. I think you mean litre.

Good review though. I've been wanting to find out more about this system. :thumb:

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

yea, should be just litres. I was working in cubic centimeters at the time. It's all so confusing.

Never tried it with a GTS, I only had a 7900GTX to hand over Christmas when I was using it, it'll fit a GTS just fine and a 400W PSU is more than powerful enough.

Im sure I mentioned noise, somewhere in there about keeping my hand warm as I played FEAR?? It's quiet as a mouse. I really really had to struggle to tell if it was on. Obviously the processor runs hotter than your normal case but it still keeps it stable as a rock under hours of load. The fan management is superb.

12. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Test Setup:
    Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (operating at 2.93GHz - 11x266); 2x 1GB Corsair XMS2-8500C5 (running at DDR2-800 in dual channel with 3.0-3-3-9 timings); BFGTech GeForce 7900 GTX OC video card (operating at 670/1640MHz); Seagate 7200.9 200GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gbps hard disk drive; OCZ GameXStream 700W power supply unit; Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2; DirectX 9.0c; NVIDIA Forceware 93.74WHQL.

Am i reading that right, you didnt use the shuttle PSU ??

Also, i cant see you mentioning heatlevels anywhere in the review, which im sure will be a key issue to anyone wanting to get one (like me) :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

13. duc

duc What's a Dremel?

I believe the OCZ GameXStream PSU was used to power the other motherboards in the test. The SD37P2 (along other other P-series Shuttles) use a proprietary PSU connection, 2x 8pins and not 24pin atx.

According to the review posted on Sudhian CPU temps look pretty good (41c idle, 39c load). Can't find anywhere that shows temps when both CPU and GPU are loaded though.

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

the GameXStream was used for the comparison boards.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I don't really see the point in temp readings if it's stable. I know they are a good reference but it's a Shuttle so it's going to be hotter than a normal system, but as long as it's below tdp and works it's not really an issue. Plus, what do you test with? A Prescott or Core 2? Passively cooled X1300 or 8800GTS? You could go on forever trying out any number of hardware scenarios.

Tags: Add Tags