1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Shuttle XPC Mod - 15 September 2012

Discussion in 'Modding' started by shah, 8 Sep 2012.

1. shah

shah Minimodder

Hello All,

This is my first major case mod.:worried: although my Dad is helping me with this greatly.

I bought a shuttle case recently and started working on it. The case will be used as a HTPC. I will be using a mini itx board. I am also thinking of using a slim dvd/bray drive. I am thinking of using an ATX PSU but not sure if that is going to fit and/or it will be a good idea.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions. I hope you like it. :)

So far I have manage to do the following: I have cut the back panel and fixed the I/O plate. I also made the holes for itx mobo.

Strip down: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back plate fixed but I will only be able to use a single slot GPU.:duh:

[​IMG]

The mobo tray fixed to use itx board.

[​IMG]

Now I have a couple of questions: :)

Is this good idea to put a ATX PSU? Any alternatives. The PSU will take the hot air from the CPU fan and exhaust is out of the case?

[​IMG]

The body of the case is in very bad shape. I need some advice how to clean and polish it. I have not thought about the colour scheme yet.

[​IMG]

I hope you like it. :D

Shah.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2012
  2. shah

shah Minimodder

Some more pictures of the work I have done.

I had a sheet of alu and decided to make the back panel for the case.

[​IMG]

After the cut out.

[​IMG]

Some filing.

[​IMG]

After a lot of filing and cutting I riveted the panel to the case. I know the quality is awful but this was my first attempt at it!

[​IMG]

The support for the case was also lowered to accommodate the PSU.

[​IMG]

Next I will upload some pictures with the system built.

Shah

Last edited: 15 Sep 2012