1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress SIDE Project: Abandoned.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SPQQKY, 30 Jul 2007.

1. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

well, if you want to flip the coin, and give this mod another chance(and it was looking/sounding good, and i would)
    http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/18/fixing_your_motherboard/
    that would help. but cost a little.
    but i loved what you had done so far.

2. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

I thought about it, but like I said at the beginning of the mod, I didn't want to spend too much money on this and to get a desoldering kit and buy caps would be doing just that, spending money on something that has little chance of upgrading and being useful down the road. I would rather go with something that will accept a standard atx or matx board so it can be reused/upgraded more easily.

3. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

the desoldering kits arent that expsensive. i got mine at radio-shack for ~$15. caps can run you as little as $1 to about $5, depends on what kind.

but i understand you want something that will last, and something thats more "standard". i'm taking my dell xps 210, which being a sff case(and use's half height pci cards) and putting it into a Masstige case(cheapest btx case i could find, aha) and im adding stuff on, so it will become a real computer. i cant stand not being to upgrade to anything with this ridiculously small case, so i'm doing with it what i can.

Tags: