1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Sigh.. had to send in my precious ipod yesterday

Discussion in 'Software' started by NoCoolOnesLeft, 15 May 2005.

1. NoCoolOnesLeft

NoCoolOnesLeft What's a Dremel?

This isn't a disaster mod, it just stopped working.

For the past few days it would just stop playing songs about half way through, and go to the next song in the list, which makes me think that they were corrupted. (scratched hdd platter?) and then it would freeze and after i reset it, i would see the apple logo, followed by a little folder with a '!' mark on it. :wallbash: :confused: It was doing this in a continuous loop just resetting itself. :(

good thing for the warranty i guess.

/rant

2. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

I had exactly the same problem. Very annoying.

Still give Apple their due, week and a half turn around and it was done. They just sent me a new iPod.

Loved the service, and the tech support guy seemed knowledgable enough, and I could understand what he was saying! Which is a novelty these days of Indian/God knows where call centres.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Again, same problem..twice. And Apple were *******s about replacing it both times...

4. NoCoolOnesLeft

Well, after browsing the apple store, i noticed that they don't make the 40GB ipod anymore, which i had. The only ipod they sell now is the 20. If they can't repair my ipod, what am i going to get back? I sure a hell will not take a 20 as i have more than 20 gb of music, so would they send me a 60GB ipod photo to replace my 40gb ipod that broke? :wallbash:

5. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

I thought they'd do that with my 3G 15gb iPod when it broke - As they had started making the 4G ones six months before (or so). No such luck. They sent me another 15gb model, they must keep a small stockpile for occasions such as this.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Like ciaran.mooney said, they do keep a stock of the older models on hand for replacements. I believe they even manufacter a small amount, they just aren't cost effective to market anymore :blah:

7. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

Gits. :grr:

:hehe:

8. NoCoolOnesLeft

well, i'm going to hope for the 60 gig photo anyways :p :p

9. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

My iRiver is doing the same thing, it still plays but .ogg files skip half way through and cause a 30 second hang. The worst bit is that the files are there but I can't back them up before it gets sent off for replacement! :(

10. TX297

TX297 Hey guys have you heard of seenly?

I'm running on my 4th ipod right now (thankyou applecare) and if you're under applecare then if they have any replacements in stock they'll exchange it right then and there. Turns out it was probably my charger killing all the other ipods (replaced and this one is fine). Same problem each time... spin up, click, spin down. Rinse and repeat. On the latest one I took back it was skipping through all the songs then going back to the main menu.

Oh, and the replacement ipods are refurbs.

-TX297

Tags: