1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Sigma's new 18-35 f1.8

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by eddie_dane, 18 Apr 2013.

1. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Man, Sigma has really stepped up their game the last year. I've really been impressed with the new lenses they have come out with. This new lens is bound to be expensive but could be a game changer.

I wish two things: 1) they could pull off a full frame version of this lens 2)They start cracking out versions for Fuji's X line of cameras - I plan to incorporate some of those in my bag in the long run.

2. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Yeah their new lenses look great.

I'm really keen to see how the new 120-300 f2.8 performs. I believe it is using the same optical formula as the current model, but now has weather sealing and AF lock among other improvements.

The current 120-300 is a great lens, but it is let down by quality control issues. If the problems are resolved in the new model, then I will probably buy one for sporting events.

3. chris182

chris182 What's a Dremel?

I'm really taken by their new 35mm prime at the moment Linky

Now don't get me wrong, I'm normally a massive canon fan boy, but I could never justify spending over £1000 on a lens when I could get one that's as good for half that!

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

A Full Frame version would be a beautiful lens but I dread to think how much it would cost!

It would have to contain much better elements to keep quality up to expectations and I'd bet just making the lens for crop factor was a challenge!

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I love mine :)

Punches well above its price tag but you have to be willing to contend with the size and weight.

[​IMG]
    James Ellison #77 - Milwaukee Yamaha - Thruxton by Polarity Photo, on Flickr