1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Silent Hunter 5 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Mar 2010.

1. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

To be fair, the reviewer was quite explicit about the faults of the game - he painted a perfectly clear picture, and it sounded like a 2 to me.

The fact that it was Ubisoft - and if anyone deserves a bloody nose, it is them - was just the icing on the cake.

2. Warrior24_7

Warrior24_7 New Member

That is EXACTLY my point, It's "them". For whatever the insane reason, they continue to have a presence on the PC and it's now hurting their brand. Thats the issue. With attacked servers, dropped/boycotted games (Steam) , malicous reviews (like this one, and others), and with the intense focus of pirates on them, I just can't see how this is even profitable! It's really not worth all of this. Whats the long term damage to their image? Their honest fans who just want to game aren't even being served at this point...how could they be? The relationship is toxic, and at this stage Ubisoft should really just move on. It would be better for all concerned. They can sell on the consoles and their true fans will follow, those that aren't...won't, and those people won't care either! It's a shame to see all the effort and hard work wasted on scores like a "2". Maybe the score is justified, I'll never know because I'll never play it. This type of game just isn't my thing. But either way, this whole situation on the PC is utterly ridiculous.

3. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Again, the review wasn't malicious - it was simply critical of a bad game.

Tags: Add Tags