1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding "Silver Dream Machine!"

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dremel_Freak, 26 Aug 2001.

1. Dremel_Freak

Dremel_Freak What's a Dremel?

Yo doodz! The Lian Li PC2 was an OK mod session - here's my latest and definately sexiest one to date:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've set up a page showing these and more over at:

http://www.pcpowerzone.co.uk/silver_dream_machine.html

It ain't finished yet so check the page regularly and I'll also post here too - the page will be updated 1st mind you!

Enjoy!

2. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Excellent work mate.. wonder if they do brushed aluminium spray paint? :D

3. Dremel_Freak

I saw an empty space where the "Aluminium" effect spray should have been so that's why I went for the chrome. The chrome matches the rheo knobs so it looks good too.

4. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Sweet - one of the few times I've seen a photo of an alu case doing it justice :):) Very nicely done dood......

Just one thing though - PLEASE paint the headphone volume wheel, so many ppl miss it!!! I painted mine black and it finished off the drive a treat ;)

5. Dremel_Freak

Painting the volume control would be a major pain in the ass! The whole front panel came off so easy and it looks fine so - OI! NO!

6. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Easy fella.......:)

To be fair on yours it looks fine - its just when someone does like a red drive or something it looks really odd thats all, guess my main gripe is with pioneer for making the jack socket and wheel different colours really!!

Just used a bit of games workshop chaos black before I reattached the fascia...........:)....very simple.

7. ::nox|silicon::

::nox|silicon:: What's a Dremel?

SCHWEET!

nice work m8, but what have you done to the drive-LEDs? looks like you spraypainted them too (or the transparent covers that is)?

8. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

so you spotted that too :)

9. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

I sprayed 3 of my cd roms black a week ago, and neglected to mask the clear plastic where the led's shine through...I sort of scratched the paint off after wards but it's a bad idea not to mask them....trouble is they're so small it's so hard to cover the plastic and not the surrounding areas...thought I might try using blue tak next time

10. ::nox|silicon::

::nox|silicon:: What's a Dremel?

it's a bad idea to mask them either...

best way is to use a sharp knife to cut the molded part off where the plastic of the front-part goes through the clear part and pull the clear part off... mostly it still holds afterwards and if not just attach a tiny drop of glue to the two pins that hold it in place.