1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone RV03 and FT03 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 19 Oct 2010.

1. cado

cado New Member

What a nice trash can is that FT03 thing...really, is that a computer case?????
    I'd prefer to see a RV02-E with the windows in the left side like the RV01 (mobo rotated, but in the usual side)...with my desk i need a larger mouse cable.

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

FT03 in FT02 color scheme.............

yes please.

3. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I just had a thought for Silverstone (or any other case manufacturers), build a little test rig with different types of buttons (large shallow ones, smaller easy push ones etc.) to tote around to trade shows and lan parties, and let people vote on which ones they prefer.

Personally I was a bit annoyed when after a week of modding my new Zalman MS1000 (which you ought to review B-T/CustomPC) I finally put the hardware in and only then found that the power button is glitchy and only works if you push it a certain way. (the rest of the build quality was great though, so I'm willing to assume it was a one off fault, but of course, I'd cut loads of holes in the case by the time I realised so there was no chance of sending it back)

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

I want that bad boy Fortress FT03, its not a dust bin. I guess 'feathers' loves the antec 900 with blue led fans.

Also want a silverstone fortress FT02, cream dream!

5. JerryW

JerryW Relative Newbie...

Why in heavens name aren't cases like these available in a range of different colours? Even my GREENHOUSE is available in several colours. It's not rocket science. I like white cases but there are still so few about

6. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight New Member

Ooh I like the look of the RV03, if it weighs in at less than 14kg and can be released before the end of december I'll probably get one.

7. JakeChicago

JakeChicago New Member

Regarding the color combination, I think they compliment Gigabyte's extreme P67 motherboard (Black and Gold) that is due tobe released some time in January 2011. So, from that prespective, I think the color's work; however, the color theme also represents limitations on which components you can include in your build with this case, unless you're fina with modding the color's. Personally, I don't have the expertise to mod or paint, so unless I plan on purchasing the Gigabyte extreme P67 I won't be purchasing this case.

Well, I have to admit, I'm not enthused with the design and look forward to the final product. The Raven RV01 was a masterpiece; I've sold and continue to sell more gaming systems with that case than any other, including the "HAF-X." I'd really like to see Silverstone release a RV01 version 2 of some sorts. All it needs is refresh in the design, maybe some more sleek edges, upgraded fans (AP), upgraded facade, USB 3.0, etc.

Either way, thankyou Bit-Tech for allowing me to voice my opinion!

8. PortalBen

PortalBen Member

Personally, I think the champagne additions to the RV03 make it look even more Batman - and that can't be a bad thing.

9. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

Now that the RV03 has been launched, can we expect a full Bit-tech review anytime soon?

Tags: Add Tags