1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Silverstone Sugo SG04-H

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 30 Mar 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion - thank you for sharing! ^_^

Stick around and read some other case reviews though :p Other thoughts are always encouraged.

2. REMF

REMF New Member

thank you, will do.

3. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

ahh - aren't friends just wunderful on theeese internets???

4. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

I run a SG01F as a media PC. Specs: AMD X2 4200 (65w & stock HSF), nF430 MB, 430w PSU (120mm fan).

CPU/MB used to be in my main system enclosure (a Coolermaster Stacker 830) for a while.
    The only difference?
    In the Sugo the MB chipset (typical nForce 4 sweatin' pig that it is) with passive HS heats up quite a bit in hot weather (32oC+/91oF+).

There is little or no difference in CPU temps/PSU noise.
    While I'd like an NT-06, they are quite expensive for what it is. Cooling performance is not that fantastic as a CPU HSF, and the only reason to get it is if you have a Sugo case.

Instead of getting a NT-06, my solution will be to add another 80mm inlet fan (which the case has a mounting for) and eventually replace the MB with a cooler non-nVidia based MB (780G perhaps?).

5. REMF

REMF New Member

i also own an SG01e, and i can accept that it is reasonable to run these using any old cooler, because they do not have sufficient cooling, or room for enthusiast graphics cards, and thus have never been marketed as cases for high performance PC's. that is not the case with the Sugo 03/04.

6. shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27 The budget builder

what i wanted to know is will this work with the corsair H50 watercooler? and will it fit a 5870 in it (well i have a 4870 currently and probably will pair it with another 4870, but jsut want to know :)

also, how would one mount an SSD in this??

7. TinkerTailor

TinkerTailor New Member

I'm with REMF.

No online review gave a full review of the cases full true capability. Including the heatsink and appropriate psu in the right position. How is it possible with the review market quite mature that none was provided?

You may slam it for compatibility but Silverstone attempted to reinvent a design using current leading tech for plenty of upgradeability potential. In so doing they needed an appropriate heatsink the 'NT06 Evolution'. You have to buy a heatsink anyway, and they save you buying the fan for it by making full use of the psu fan. How did this not fit into the equation for all reviews is beyond me. So it becomes an equivalent or cheaper spend on cooling. The design with the NT06e means you don't need water cooling either.

It maybe too late to review now but it would be appreciated if such things were not overlooked so those who make the attempts at good design are recognised for doing so.

They claim the case to be compatible with a 1000w psu, definitely 130w cpus.

I say credit to them.

8. mashles

mashles New Member

It fits the H50 fine, I have the SG03 working nicely with a Q6600@3.6 with an H50 and a GTX 460. All runs very quiet unless im doing anything intensive. I also put my SSDs in a 2in1 bracket and it fits nicely in the 3.5" bay

Tags: Add Tags