1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Silverstone Temjin 6

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sp4nky, 24 Sep 2011.

1. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

My new motherboard + cpu came today (thanks Scan + DPD !!) so I started rebuilding my PC in Temjin 6 case that I'd picked up in a sale. Unfortunately my PSU leads weren't quite long enough for the placement of one of the ATX headers on the motherboard so I've had to put everything together in my old and rather cramped Antec 900. This is a shame because I really like the features of the Temjin 6 - screwless HDD stands, lockable front door, a funnel directing air from the fans over the CPU... Also the cable rouing on the Antec 900 leaves a lot to be desired.

Has anyone here built a system using the Temjin case? Were your cables able to fit or did you have to get extensions?

2. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Will help to know what PSU you have also.

3. sp4nky

Why?

[I'm confused about why my PSU - it's an Antec TruePower 650 for the record] is going to be helpful when I'm asking whether other people have encountered problems and/or have succeeded in building systems using this case.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2011
  4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I remember having the exact same problem with a Temjin-6 years ago. It was a lovely case, but cable management in it was awkward.

I used an extension cable on the 12v plug to get it to reach. :)

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Different PSU's have different length cables. This is why I ask as it's your cables that aren't long enough. Just thought it might be helpful.

6. sp4nky

I already said that my cable wasn't long enough. I know that's the problem. Asking for more information just so you can point out something I've already written isn't helpful.

7. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Posts like that wont make you any friends on here.

8. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Calm down.

I was just looking for more information, won't say anything else.

9. sp4nky

I have calmed down so please continue. I'd be quite intrigued to know what the thought process behind the question was - what you were going to do with the extra information. Were you going to offer some advice about which PSU has longer leads than the one I have? If so, I'd be welcoming to your thoughts on the subject.

Nor will posts like yours. Strangely enough, I started this thread not to make friends but to find out what other people's experiences were.

10. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Wasnt going to dignify this with a response but your attitude sucks.

11. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

This is what I was going for. I was hoping others might be able to chip in with PSU's that they have had and fitted. Might give you an idea on future upgrades.

I admit I wasn't all that clear earlier and I apologise. Anyway, you got where I was going with it.

12. sp4nky

Thanks for the good intentions. Sorry for snapping.

My attitude sucks? If you have something constructive to add, please do. If not, mind the door on your way out.