1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone Temjin TJ11 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 8 Apr 2011.

1. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Oh Silverstone, why on earth how you created such a horrible looking case?

:(

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I don't like the design at all. It just looks like it can't quite decide if it wants to be a sleek and stylish aluminum case or a gaming thing and all those 5,25" bays just don't server any purpose whatsoever.

You better have a damn good reason if you even think of buying one...

3. Teh Noob Slayer

Teh Noob Slayer What's a Dremel?

First word 'Rip'? ;)

I think it looks ok except for the bottom side vents 'slanted' design. They have tried to make it look 'arty' and failed imo.

Price is somewhat prohibitive.

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

It's important for our reviews to be comparable; as such we use the same air cooling rig in every case.
    Watercooling loops also take a long time to build, and are very very variable fromsystem to system. Most people will use a motherboard in the cooling config we use, but with water cooling you can 1 rad, 2 rad, different size rads, bay res, box res, no res, 1 pump, low flow pump, high flow pump, etc. Very few W/C kits are the same, as they're customised to the cases you fit them into. As such, we wouldn;t have any comparable results, and the review would read as a "hey look, we built watercooling into it!"

There are just so many variables. As such, we demonstrated that the case could indeed accomodate a quad rad in its base, and tested with our standard air cooling kit.

Hope that explains it.

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Back when the preview came out i didn't like the side filter holes and some other design elements. Now it's grown on me and i want one so badly it hurts. Especially because of the price tag.

I'm not one to complain about the price of something, if i don't agree with it i just don't buy it, but DAMN, what are those screws made of?! Maybe they should release a riveted version for half the price?

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

All I can say is lol.

It's a successor to the greatest watercooling case of all times. So they optimize it for aircooling.

Wait, WHAT?!

Get rid of the rotated mobo - it's a silly feature, my RV01 has it - make room for a triple or quad rad in the top and be done with it. Too much "we want this to be both watercooling and aircooling perfection"..

And last of all. I could buy a Lian Li case, and a TJ07 for that price. So:

G
    T
    F
    O

:)

7. sWW

sWW Minimodder

I would like this case but unless I won the lottery I would never buy it!

8. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I just ordered one to fit my AMD Fusion based HTPC.....

9. stupido

stupido What's a Dremel?

LOL
    and how many HTPCs you are planning to put inside? :D

10. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

awesome.. but wow that is expensive.. thought my 800D was bad
    Has to better for cooling than mine though.. awefull

11. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Have I been in suspended animation and woken up in a world where money has lost its value? £475 for some metal and plastic. Hell I thought I was retarded spending £150 on a case.

12. Paul2011

Paul2011 Minimodder

i wonder how many they actually sell? seriously who has that kinda cash to splash on a case, a plain one at that. I mean if i was spending that much it would have to look amazing which this clearly doesnt.

Although you have mentioned that there are no rivets used, who in their right mind is going to butcher a case this expensive? imagine if you made a mistake!!! I guess the only properly modded ones we will see are from pro modders who get the case given or can afford it.

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

That's subjective, i think it looks quite wild.

14. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

You should take pictures of other cases with rads fitted inside to give 'would be' watercoolers a chance to see what the complications (if any) are.

15. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I thought I could lay a Zalman resorator in there at a slight angle maybe...

And then make an HTPC blade server! :idea:

16. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

That does NOT explain it. You go on and on about it being a case for watercooling then you don't even show a watercooling system in it? Also, in the comparison charts, why on Earth do you actually use mid-tower cases to compare with this monster? Why no comparison to the Corsair 700D/800D cases? That's an utter fail any way you look at it. Why test with components that nobody would actually use in this case? Why wait until the end to mention the poor quality fit of the parts? "Also included is a huge metal, textured mouse pad." Compared to what? You gave no measurements. How about a pic with the various cables coming out of the back? Since I've never seen a case oriented such as this, in person, I can only envision one unGodly mess! $777 USD for this thing? You were absolutely right about the lack of value. It makes me wonder what they must be smoking at SilverStone. Whatever it is, they need some urgent rehab.

17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Oh wow someone sounds really frustrated.

18. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Look folks lets lay one myth to bed for good. A watercooled case still needs excellent aircooling to be stable for 24/7 operation. (Thinking hot summers, etc. :) )

19. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

+1 :thumb:

20. rikaldrey

rikaldrey What's a Dremel?

With this amount, I'd just buy 2 TJ07's with one housing the system and the other as dedicated watercooling or monitoring system and stick them with duct tapes! Seriously. Not even big for it's price compared to other uber expensive cases..

Tags: Add Tags