1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone TJ11 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Nov 2010.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Wait a second... a (probably) $600 case WON'T accept one of the most supreme mainboards?
    Don't get me wrong, I love the case but for a premium price I EXPECT to be able to use ALL premium components.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It would need to be taller, and that spec of motherboard is ONLY used by EVGA's SR2.

Tbh, from the rumblings I've heard, don't expect another SR2..

3. daveskye

daveskye Cool & Quiet

I like the design idea (the rotated MB), but I want a smaller version, that takes a full sized ATX and long Graphics card, but who needs more than optical drive? - Just wasted space!!

4. 1Razor

1Razor Living life one day at a time....

Looks reasonable in places, not so much in others, and the price WTF!. What was wrong with just sprucing up the TJ07 eg anodising black, cut out for M/B plate etc. I'll stick with my 07 thanks!

5. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

To be honest, if the price was dipped to something like £450, it could be justified. After all, the case is most likely to last longer than the components inside it.

In regards to the I hate the 2 slots at the side, i have to agree. If Silverstone used the RV02 method of raising the case of the ground, sucking it in and then pumping the air up using the 2 180mm fans, that would be brilliant.

I think it's been poorly optimised for 50/50 Aircooling/Watercooling stance though :( .

It would be nice to see what Rotozip master, Charles H could do with it in a murderbox though.

6. ColdzeroTeam

ColdzeroTeam What's a Dremel?

the price should be around 535~550 Euros.

7. 0ldfart

0ldfart What's a Dremel?

Yeah nice case, but at $699? - never going to get onto my desk at that price.

I guess like anything though, the tech demonstrated here will come down in price over time. Seems like PC cases are generally a hell of a lot cheaper than they were even 12 months ago.

8. Prime85

Prime85 What's a Dremel?

I have an experience throwing money away! (Money i don't have) Couple of years ago i bought TJ07, And i sold it, 2 month later even without building a system! (Didn't even make a profit from it :p) Same with the i5 rig i bought for something and sold for nothing, and so on, too much to list......

Couple of reasons for me to buy this case:

But don't think i am a rich or something, i am actualy way behind those ppl who can afford spending $700 bucks.

1. This purchase will teach me to be more careful with the money + I love it, nothing can help (Had TJ07 Before)
    2. Love the interior & exterior + overall look + Black interior
    3. Removeable MB tray
    4. Option for SSD's
    5. Aluminium construction
    6. Rotated 90 degree MB, It's new for me in TJ series. I am curious, so why not?!
    7. Good space between MB tray & side panels
    8. USB 3 Ports

Aluminium is remarkable for the low density and for its ability to resist corrosion. 2nd: nonmagnetic and nonsparking. 3rd: Retain full silvery reflectance. 4th: Aluminium is a good thermal and electrical conductor, having 62% the conductivity of copper, even capable of being a superconductor. A modders heaven, though i am not a modder :p May be i'll get into it in the future + Sure will take care of your hardware.

Also would like to see:

1. Coloured cables inside could be sleeved
    2. Dust filter on that Side panel grill
    3. Maybe some cable managment options.
    4. WC holes for tubes to pass through.

I guess that's it, nothing comes to the mind yet.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The idea that aluminium is a non-sparking metal is a myth. It is in fact a very reactive metal and can spark in contact with iron, and the sparks burn incredibly hot due to the pyrophoric nature of the reaction.

What do you think they make Thermite out of?

Aluminium and iron oxide.

None of this has any relevance to the production of a PC Chassis, as they aren't designed to bang bits of aluminium and iron together. Although I am curious as to why you listed it as a plus.

/pedant

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

1. They will be
    2. There is under each of the fans - the holes are open so they can slide out easily without removing the side panel
    3. Will have to see a build inside and look for them first ;)
    4. This one I'm not sure about because of the motherboard orientation.

11. Razorii

Razorii What's a Dremel?

Joy! Yet another oversized, over engineered, over-priced monstrosity from Silverstone. Think I'll be sticking with my Lian Li a bit longer.

12. Razorii

Razorii What's a Dremel?

If I had more money than I knew what to do with and I wanted everyone who saw my PC to be aware of that fact.... No, not even then. Not when I can buy a case that will keep my hardware just as cool and look just as nice doing it at a fraction of the price.

13. Dackman

Dackman What's a Dremel?

Great case but way too expensive.

14. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

I have a 8 Channel RAID 6 array and 2x 3 Channel RAID 5 array for home use... so this is almost perfect because the TJ07 I have is full at this moment and there are not many options that are not loud 4U rack servers... so you take 9 of the 5.25" bay and convert them to 12 3.5" bay giving you a total of 18 3.5" slots... so it's pretty much exactly what I need as I am out of space.

15. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Its surprising how quick you can use them bays up i agree.

My case i use:-

top bay to allow for fillports, so cant use that
    next 3 are for resevoirs
    next is for my Matrix orbital gx typhoon :D. (loving the better drivers now Henry)
    then bluray
    then next 2 for fan controllers.

You soon use them up.

Tags: Add Tags