1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SimCity

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WhiteKnight226, 7 Jan 2013.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

£45! What a rip off. What about the US origin site?

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Struggle, us? Noooooo.

I just made the rookie error of expanding too fast, the crippling outgoings just stopped my city dead in its tracks before it really got off the ground; so I razed the city and now it stands empty for new occupation... I've moved across the river now, where I'll employ carefully sectored growth and not try to rush and catch up with the rest of the region!

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Ah OK. No worries, I was worried I'd scared you off.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Decided to give EA those few euros on top, couldn't be bothered to go to the city or wait :D. It's not like i didn't bought stupid games for full price before (Far Cry 2 & 3 comes in my mind right now).

5. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I think we are doing ok on the Antarctica region I'm just being swarmed by arsonists, robbers, murderers and embezzlers coming across from cardiff's gambling halls prompting me to create a 'buffer zone' of police and fire stations around the region entrance.

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Can somebody invite me to a region? The EUW4 one I set up doesn't have players :(

7. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I've got a Antartica? setup, but I can't do any invites till later, maybe MrMonkeyChunks or TheStockBroker can invite you the region? I'm not sure how that works?

I've got you on Origin, so feel free to PM me later.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

So annoying you can't invite whilst offline!

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I have a game going with some of my RL mates, you'd be more than welcome to join. Failing that, I know Lance from world of tanks, and I was thinking of asking him to join me in a new region, again more than welcome?

I find having multiple games on the go on multiple servers is very useful :)

10. faugusztin

Ok,this is bloody stupid... Join a game shows only full regions. What is the point then ? :wallbash:

Anyway, if anyone wants to invite a new player, my Origin id is Parandroid.

11. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Think im going to cave and get this sounds really fun....only worry is the size of the cities. They do look really small...

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

if you plan your city every step of the way then it does take quite a fair time to fill that area but yeah i'd like it to be a bit bigger

13. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I think the city size is ok for region play as you don't have to build everything, i.e you can buy power, water and sewage form your neighbors instead of having to build the facilities for yourself.

however it is a bit to small for singleplayer perhaps.

14. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I have not played it so in no position to judge, but i have cities XL and you can grow pretty large in that. Think ill take the plunge. Also if anyone is thinking about getting it, its 36 quid on green man gaming. They have some voucher code on the site to use. Not sure if its digital or boxed though will need to look!

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

For me the game has ran without a problem, however i was a few days late to the party and it has seen improvements since day 1. I would also say it is worth it but then i only paid £18 for it

Hope you find a deal though

16. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

works out at £40.21 on the us site but throws and error when you try and buy it :(

17. rollo

rollo Modder

Due to real life stuff I've played under 6 hrs so far and have not filled up one city yet let alone the regions.

Did notice one thing once you hit 10k pop 20k comes along fast. Like less than 20mins.

Been slowly planning my city got 1 area just industry to keep pollution under control.

Using rec centres for easy cash alloys and plastics are your friend.

18. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Come join Barny and I (OdysseusDk) in the new world! We bring you unlimited wealth in the promised land! Space and bounty is aplenty.

19. faugusztin

While my city prospers, i didn't do it right from the start unfortunately. You have to think twice before you do something :D.

20. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

Anyone else notice that freight seems to not do anything? I.e you can build a city with just R and C and they seem to prosper just fine? My understanding was industry shipped goods to commercial areas to sell?

Also I read somewhere that each person in the city changes jobs and houses on a daily basis.