1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Single-Slot GeForce GTX 460 Photos Appear

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 9 Nov 2010.

1. Santa-san

Santa-san A friendly person

Oh I remember the 8800GT too.... No more single-slot cards for me. ever -__-

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

The main reason for building my current rig was because my HP, although only two years old at the time could not support the bigger dual slot cards. I considered moving the PSU outside case, but there was still a pesky issue with some hard wired cables going to the mobo right above the graphics card slot. I actually burned out an 8800GT in that case (after about a year and a half) likely due to cramped quarters. It had definitely run hot, stickers all peeled up when I pulled it out of the case. The 9800GT in there now has a less aggressive cooling solution and as a result, is much smaller than the 8800GT. Seems to perform better though, probably because it has twice the RAM as the 8800GT had.

3. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Die shrink.

4. badman_mo007

badman_mo007 What's a Dremel?

Galaxy make some awesome cards, I still have my galaxy 8800gt non reference card it came with a big spiral copper cooler, was shorter in length and had a jumper for overvolting to do some major overclocking. By far the best value graphics card iv ever bought lol
    Could get it stable 750/ 2000 compared to stock 600/ 1800!

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/280249-demything-galaxy-8800gt.html

Tags: Add Tags