1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Singularity - this game is awesome!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 21 May 2011.

1. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

LOL that's actually a pretty big gaff. Does this imply that they actually bought a replica or something and then just stuck it together with no guidance :eyebrow:

2. Wira

Wira Spoderman

oh I see, well, that is kinda a major mistake -.-

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

This is my problem, it shows a complete lack of standards, not to mention, Sci Fi or not it wouldn't work as intended. It's just something that would nag at me the whole way through and I probably wouldn't be able to finish the game.

Anyway, no need for a furore, that's just something that I wouldn't like.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

actually it depends on the reflex sight. some of them do mount that way. as in the case of most for m-5's
    [​IMG]
    in any case they are still stylized weapons and such things shouldn't be your primary reason for not playing a game. if the case for not following standards was a huge problem, did you hate any game that uses non standard weapon configurations?

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

WHAT?

That's an EOTECH right there, not sure at that angle but possibly an EOTECH 552.

RE: Mounting. That EOTECH is mounted with the adjustment controls facing the person operating the weapon, in the singularity screencap (first of all its not an EOTECH in that pic) the adjustment controls and indeed the source of the (red dot) light and mirror are facing the wrong direction, rendering it useless.

P.S I have owned several of these sights, mounting them the other way is just silly.

Literally no idea what you are talking about, deffinitley on different pages.

Can you please tell me what an m-5 is?

Last edited: 21 May 2011
  6. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Guns are dull, who cares!?

Although I'd probably get as upset about an out of place wing flap in an F1 game or something.

7. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

I think if the mirrors were on backwards we'd all have something to say :hehe:

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

not all of them use red dot either, so don't forget that it could easily be a tritium method instead which works in a different manner.
    an m5 is just an m16a4/m4 variant with more modularization which can fire either 5.56, 6.5, or 7.62.

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

But....what? The sight has nothing to do with the weapon system it is mounted on. If it is mounted the wrong way, it is mounted the wrong way, simples.

If you mount ANY sight the wrong way, even if it's hanging off the arse of a wizard's staff, it's still wrong and I will be annoyed.

P.S Custom weapon systems from 'Sabre Defense' don't make it into my inner encyclopedia so you'll have to forgive me that slight gap.

IronDoc lol, I was thinking the same thing.

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Yeah, just a picture of a gun to me. :thumb:

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Finished!

Wonderful game, definitely worth playing for some of the game mechanics alone. Let me put it this way - I think it's better than Crysis 2.

Two disappointment though, one of which is a definite spoiler:
    no end boss fight. I was looking forward to using my fully upgraded autocannon (which a hadn't used for pretty much the whole game) to rain death upon some impossibly large mutated version of the bad guy, but no. Instead , for some reason, the epic boss battle is about halfway through.
    Another annoyance was the fact that the assault rifle and shotgun were pretty much the only weapons you needed: there were some pretty cool weapons that were ultimately a bit useless bar one or two situations (the 'guided' grenade launcher comes to mind here).

Trust me, you've made a huge mistake here. For starters, I think that's a pre-release shot as IIRC the assault rifle doesn't look like that (it's a fictional gun). The sight is a holographic sight and I personally thought it was damn cool since it only correctly lined up when you were aiming i.e. it actually looked like a hologram.

Besides, the game's set in several alternate time lines, so things are different.
    Mutated fauna of some sort. Towards the end there's a blackboard and a note discussing it.

12. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

I picked it up too, I avoided it at release believing it to be some generic substandard shooter with a silly time manipulation bolt on, and I didn't see anything suggesting otherwise to change my mind.

However in the steam sale I figured I'd pick it up and give it a try at some point, I downloaded it and thought I'd see what its about and then put it down again, likely never to be picked up again, like so many games I've picked up in Steam sales.

Well I'm pleased to say it was well above my expectations and is the best shooter I've played for a while.

Certainly wasn't expecting that. Completed it in a single evening and thought I'd come to Bit-Tech to share, glad to see I wasn't the only one pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't buy it at full price but if its on sale again its a really good buy.

Gosh, how ever did it get to 2am. Night guys :)

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

£6.80?

$30 on my screen!

:(

14. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

It was a Midweek Madness deal - now back up to £19.99 in the UK.

15. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

wow i've never seen someone get so pissy about something so irrelevant!

Guest-16 likes this.
  16. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Ah, that was last night - this is a new day!

I'm sure we're all kissed and made up. :)

I admit I misinterpreted what he was complaining about.

I thought he was upset that the holographic sight was not mounted using a bracket on the left-hand side of the gun, as many Soviet-type weapons are, rather than the Picatinny/Weaver rail shown in the game.

If the game was still £6.80, I'd happily buy him a copy so he could play it for himself and see for real whether he likes it or not.

Spread the joy!

17. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

not saying anything about your reaction mate!

18. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Just in-case anyone really cares enough, how the sights really look.

[​IMG]

19. Canon

Canon Reformed

Pissy? Well why don't you put your screen the wrong way round on your desk, maybe that would suit you.

20. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

But if his desk were in a game set in a parallel universe and the monitor was the wrong way round on the desk but showed the picture anyway would he be bothered? no

If the game was a realistic office sim and the monitor was the wrong way round and still showing the picture, that might bother him, but probably not to the stage where he wouldn't play the game if everyone else was going "OMFG this is awesome!"