1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Sins Of A Solar Empire - Star Trek Armada 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 27 Sep 2015.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

has anyone else played this ?

i picked up sins as it is currently on steam weekend sale ( woop ) and found the armada 3 mod

i played alot of the original Armada and Armada 2 back in the day and i LOVE this total conversion mod

wondered if anyone else played this, or would be up for a comp stomp ( im still a total noob ) sometime

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

How does this feel compared to Armada 2?

Even now I yearn for an Armada 3, could this be it??

3. lilgoth89

in a word.... bigger

fleet sizes can be enormous, the tech progression is much smoother as well ( expand to a bigger empire to gain access to better ships ) although the constant warping between planets can be a royal arse ( especially as the AI tends to run away from fights it cant win )
    there is also the option to call in 'hero' units, the Fedaration get Janeway commanding Voyager, Sisko commanding the Defiant, and Picard commanding the Enterprise E. all with interesting abilities to buff your fleet. the Pirates are well represented as well with periodic Maquis raids.

overall this feels very polished for a mod, although it is alot to learn ( like do NOT, EVER attempt to face the AI borg 1v1, or even 2v1 it will NOT go well, the dev's said they wanted the borg to be as dangerous as they are in the show, meaning a cube can take down fleets by itself - hence they recommend 4v1 if you plan on facing the borg )

ive played 3 games overnight ( and promptly gotten my arse booted ) but have learned alot and enjoyed the games :)

overall if you enjoyed Armada 2, id say its worth a punt, could be even better if more people get interested for some hot borg beating ^_^

this is i think one of the devs playing, it gives you a good idea of the scale

4. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Tried it, but it just doesn't work. Tried all the instructions to the letter, but the game crashes after 10 minutes and I'm also getting missing textures and particle effects.

6. lilgoth89

Thats odd, did you follow the instructions that the youtuber i linked to posted ? currently on my phone so i cant linkbut iirc hw posted instructions for 1.2 so just try that but with the lastest build ?

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah I did, followed them explicitly.

8. lilgoth89

looking at the facebook page for the mod, a few people have complained about this, most of the advice seems to be to try to re-apply the LAA ( large address aware )

''I really appreciate the response. I reapplied the LAA in advanced mode and Forced LAA and it solved the issue! Thanks again!!! ''

Edit, well over steam we managed to get Cei's game up and running using the above method

Currently on Teamspeak in the World of warships channel if anyone wants to drop in for a game

Last edited: 27 Sep 2015