1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development site building in process (Malfoleo site does work M8) tell me wot ya think ppl

Discussion in 'Software' started by whits_house, 29 Jan 2004.

1. whits_house

whits_house Banned

erm right i built a site about 2 years ago and neva tryed it since i though hmm ill try it age but me been a student i am like really lazy and my m8's had to give me a kick start by lending me dreamweaver and well its been a day now my other m8 got me some space on his server i am wondering what u guys think of this site ive been building link is

www.mad-mods.tk

Last edited: 30 Jan 2004
  2. a9on87

a9on87 ...

link doesn't work

3. Malvolio

Malvolio .

HTTP 500 error, your server doesn't exist mate :thumb: The DNS service works, and your ip is valid, but theres nothing on the other end to accept the signal. If it's your server then check weather or not it's turned on, otherwise the place that your webspace is on is down.

4. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

It worked this morning, and this is the complete wrong forum.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You might want to remove the "ur" in the case gallery section and any other examples of that - doesn't make a particularily professional-looking site imo :thumb: :)

6. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

and 'plez', also check your grammer/spelling as I have spotted a few mistakes :)

7. whits_house

whits_house Banned

Around that time chris turned the server off to move it lmao it DOES work now were running it from a 1Mb Line so should work fine :thumb: TRY NOW lmao still working on it BTW ppl

8. pancake

pancake Guest

This belongs in Programming and Development for a start.

Are there any particular aspects of the site you would like us to criticise?

To be perfectly honest with you, the site has nothing but negatives. If I was you, I'd completely scrap that design; work on getting some quality content; then put it together in a simple text-only HTML design. In the mean time, keep practising your HTML skills and eventually convert the site to something a little more "flashy" if you want.

When designing think "functional" and "user-friendly". Frames can be good, when done very well, but generally, they aren't. Your centre frame for example requires resizing on the average person's browser window. The navbar, done in flash, is alright but there really is no need for it.

I could go on all day, you probably get the idea. Don't take any of this personally, just trying to help you out.

Good luck, mate! :thumb: