1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress SK50 to water cooled HTPC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by v3r73x, 15 Mar 2012.

1. v3r73x

v3r73x What's a Dremel?

So this PC started as an acer SK50 as seen in this picture:
    [​IMG]

My plan is to convert it to a water cooled HTPC. Ultimately I'd like to have a noctua radiator fan, and water pump be the only things making noise in the whole computer. I am currently looking at feasibility of water cooling the PSU.

Specs are 1.6ghz core 2 duo, it will have 2GB of RAM, and I have a graphics card for it. So it should play HD movies with ease. 60GB Vertex 2 for fast boot up times which is what I want in an HTPC. All of my media is on a server.

I am going to be stripping off the front panel completely and designing my own. in the middle of the front panel I want to put either a water flow meter, or have the reservoir visible. and the only other things on the front will be a power button, and maybe a little window for an IR receiver.
    Here is the video card, I was looking forward to water cooling it, but it seems it would be pointless as it's already passively cooled.
    [​IMG]

Here is the inside of the case after it had been stripped of drive bays and the PSU.
    The CPU water block is not secured yet, I'm still making the bracket for it.
    [​IMG]