1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey Rocks7ar…

It’s easy enough to request a model the thing is in Sketchup to make an accurate model we need accurate measurements. Even better is to have the item in front of us to get detail that you would not normally see from just photos.

I'm sure most of the SU artist have had access to blueprints, schematics or the components itself to help reproduce the models you see here in the forum. I would also like to add the time required to make the model which can take anywhere from 15min to several hours.

This of course this is food for thought to everyone requesting for model to be made, we would love to do them for you but it would take time and for accuracy the component itself to be on hand for a accurate finished model.

That said I hope one of our generous modelers can help you out, if they can’t try doing it yourself and if you have any question post them here and we will be glad to help you out.;)

Last edited: 6 Jan 2008
  2. Rocks7ar

Rocks7ar What's a Dremel?

Thanks! I will try my hand at it but I will probably need a more accurate model for my mod lol.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

fr4nk is working on that case, ask him if he ever finished...

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

OFT, it's extremely hard to get it right unless you have blueprints or the real item in front of you

5. mkell

mkell What's a Dremel?

Sorry if this is off topic, but is it possible to resize components that I have downloaded off of the web to put into my own model?

6. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

on the left about midway down there is the scale tool which is two squares of different sizes with an arrow between the corners.

7. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Absolutely, once you have downloaded a file you can do whatever you like with it.

PS - welcome to the forums :)

8. scooby

scooby Minimodder

This is a Quick Referance card, its for SU5 but it has the basics for you to understand your tools.

[​IMG]

You and copy this image and keep it on hand for referance. Hope this helps.:thumb:

Edit: I added (in RED) the shortcut-keys for most of the tool set in SU. You can assign your own shortcut-keys by going to Window>Shortcuts find the tool/command and add your own key. The only thing missing from this on SU6 is the 3D Text everything else I think is still the same.

Last edited: 3 Oct 2007
  9. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Okay, I found the Google SU6 Ouick Referance Card.

[​IMG]

10. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Is there a link to these on the official SU site?

11. Marci

Marci Ex-O-CuK / ThermoChill

12. Marci

13. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Just open SketchUp>Help>Ouick Referance Card...Tadaaa!!!!

Excellent work Marci, Keep it up my friend!!! BTW How did you incert the ThermoChill logo on your drawing? Thats cool m8!!!

Last edited: 4 Oct 2007
  14. Marci

On the grill?? Tools > 3d Text > Do yer text, but untick "filled" - will auto grey out extrude. Just leaves you with outline text - drag n drop where you want it.

Or do ya mean the watermark logo in the lower righthand corner of all the skp files?? Window > Styles > Edit tab > 4th button along - has "ok" overlaid over bottom righthand corner... hit the + button, browse for pic. Overlay, all image no model on the slider, position in screen, bottom right.

Styles window edit tab has some fairly funky l'il bits in there tucked away...

I've updated the PA120.3 file again with a touch more detail to match levels of 120.1 and 120.2 drawings... still some work to do aligning holes fully etc across all the models - am tweaking it all daily. Am self hosting the files so versions on SCC will be the latest versions also (all been submitted)...

PA160 shroud is done - should be doing the rad itself tomorrow, then will do the gaskets, shrouds n grills for the 120.1 and 120.2

Last edited: 4 Oct 2007
  15. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

I will put those items on the SCC soon BTW, probably 2mw or at the weekend.

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

wow nice rads :thumb:

17. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Sorry bout that Marci...I meant your watermark. Thanks I got it, I just never messed if that before...see you learn something new everyday here even for an old fart like me.LOL

18. Marci

Here's one for you Scoob... How would ya subtract a semi-sphere from an item...?

Was fiddling with your DDC/Petras version last night trying to add the impeller and a transparent top (to make Alphacool DDC Ultra basically) and got stuck trying to make the bowl in the base... any ideas?

EDIT: Think I've just sussed it. Position two circles at 90 degrees to each other on same center point to make the sphere frame, follow-me one circles surface around the other circle, make into component. Position 50% visible protruding out of top of whatever... explode the component... intersect the lot, then delete the sphere's face and any excess lines... just twiddling to see how neatly it works. Drag the component back in again from the Components selector and scale it down to make the item that sits within the bowl...

Last edited: 5 Oct 2007
  19. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Yes I can but before I can I need to know how you posted your .skp file. I have a tutorial that will help you out.

But maybe this can to...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps.;)

Edit: Okay, just saw your edit notes. You can do it that way too but the process I did will make it much easier for you. You don't have to intersect and delete any more. The Form A can be a quarter sphere and just do the same thing.

20. Marci

Course... makes perfect sense... cheers d00d! However, was beavering away at it before I saw yer reply... here's where I got to... s'not quite right, need to scale the top up to the right dimensions and get the spacing right on the side outlet / inlet...

This is the 3.2 version 18w ddc - hence blue impeller - with one of the plexitops from aquatuning. It should overhang the rotor housing much more than it currently does, so will continue to fiddle... if you download and disassemble it, you'll see the impeller as separate component...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.thermochill.com/sketchup/MarciScoobyDDCPlexi.skp
    How I post em?? Just ftp the skp file onto my webserver and post the link in here and submit same link to SCC...

EDIT: Dammit - forgot to soften edges on the impeller and bowl. *oops*