1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Skullcandy headphones any good?

Discussion in 'General' started by sotu1, 19 Aug 2008.

1. specofdust

specofdust Banned

How much do Skull Candies cost? £20? £30? You can get a very good pair of headphones for that. Or you can waste your money on Skull Candies. Now stop your reverse snobbery crap and do some research.

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Or maybe try an informed opinion?
    Yes expensive headphones are obviously better than Skullcandy - but so are inexpensive ones (i.e. they cost the same).

3. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I cba reading all the replies so forgive me if this has been said. My suggestion is stick on an extra £10 or £15 quid and go for some of the higher end models. You wont regret spending that little extra in the long run :)

For the mid price (£30-60) they really are superb :)

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I got mine on sale for roughly 20 bucks, which is damn cheap since ipod headphones sell for 29.99 plus taxes... nuff said

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Like I said, do some damn research. Ipod headphones are a pile of donkey faeces. You can get some very good headphones for around £20 (and, unfortunately for us, around the same in USD) - the Koss Portapro or Sportapro for example, are two great sets of headphones that give a far better sound than Skullcandy heads.

From around the £/$/€ 15-20 mark upwards you can get a "decent" pair of headphones. Earphones often cost a bit more before you can get a decent pair, but headphones is perfectly doable from that sort of area. There's no excuse for settling for Skullcandy headphones, other than ignorance, stupidity, or a mix of both.

Silver51 likes this.
  6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Or some sort of mental illness that makes you think they look good.

specofdust likes this.
  7. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Awesome, you missed the point. This year old thread was resurrected by an advertising shill.

Agreed.

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

So, I haz the ignorance, the stupids [​IMG] AND mental illness.

I blame it on kids and grandkids. And a wife who bought me the Skullcandy cans.

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Sorry jhanlon, I don't use the term ignorance as an insult - in general I feel pretty bad telling well meaning people that what they've bought isn't nearly as good as what they could have got for the same money. But you can simply do a lot better for the same money.

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Still Marilyn's fault! I have learned since 1975 that some gift horses mouths are NOT to be looked at too closely.
    Still and all, with my 6 decade old ears, burntout from too many live concerts and way too many years in noisy industrial environments - they work.

When they die, meh who knows what's next.

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I was thinking of a gift horse's mouth as I wrote the above post.

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

well since I chimmed in and got what I deserved, for what I paid, I am happy with them. At home I can walk around in my huge ass pc headphones, but when I'm at school and stuff, I just need soemthing that I can stuff in my ear that's comfy and works, so I'll use that to justify my purchase. Also, a few of the ones you listed I probably wouldn't be able to find locally so I would have to order online, which I'm not too crazy about... so yea :D

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Cans>In-ears.

I don't care how weird it looks, but nothing like cans say: I'm not listening.

14. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

In ears don't need excessive power and sound better for less money than cans (just like cans sound better for less money than speakers).
    I don't like them though.

Tags: