1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Skyline gtr z-tune 500hp

Discussion in 'General' started by rkenny666, 28 Mar 2005.

1. rkenny666

rkenny666 New Member

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

:waah: I want one.

3. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Drrroooooooooooooooooooool, i'd love one of them babies, of course the engine wouldnt stay standard for long ;) .

Death

4. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

That baby would be straight down to www.norrisdesigns.com

5. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Nice, but for a 500hp engine, it's not even putting out 400ft/lbs of torque. The new Shelby Mustang has a 450hp engine and is throwing out 450ft/lbs of torque and the new '06 stock Vette has 400hp with 400ft/lbs torque and 575hp with 475ft/lbs with the performance package.

6. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

Well, the Corvette and Mustnag are well and good, but honestly, that Nismo GT-R would eat both of them. You can;t just look at HP and TQ numbers, theres power to weight ratios, and the fact that it is 4WD as compared to RWD on both the other two. And the GT-R looks so much cooler then the plain (but still cool) 'Vette and 'Stang.

7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

'06 Corvette: 3130lbs - 500hp & 475ft/lbs
    '06 Shelby Cobra GT500 Mustang: 3600lbs - 450hp & 450ft/lbs
    Limited edition Nissan Skyline GT-R: 3672lbs - 500hp & approx 395ft/lbs

As far as looks, I don't like it much. I've never been a real big fan of all that plastic.. Lastly, thr Nismo GT-R may have 4wd, but the Mustang is a 4-seater ;)

8. penski

penski BodMod

Er...Skylines have always been four seaters...full four seaters, not 2+2 ;)
    And...as for plastic...er...the Corvette..?

The stock R34 is 1560kg, realistically you can expect the Z-tune to be down to 1500kg or less...which is 3307.5lb or less.

The Skyline is RWD, 4WD is only employed when the traction is required.

*n

[Edit cos it is early in the morning and i'm grumpy...]

9. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

It's all a matter of preference really. I'd give my left ball to own something as nice as that Skyline, but I just don't get turned on by things like Corvettes.

As for the figures, I expect the Skyline could be slower on a straight, but as soon as you put them on a circuit I think we all know which would win.

10. mUrml

mUrml New Member

Yaaawn :yawn:

Skyline is such a dull car, nothing interesting about it, besides the engine.
    Can't say I wouldn't want one, but damn for 200.000$ there are so many other cars I would rather have.
    Im my honest opinion the car is seriously overrated.
    I like the rims though :thumb:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=9296 This is sooo much cooler :cooldude:

Last edited: 29 Mar 2005
  11. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Hmm.. I was under the impression that they were 2-seaters, not 4.. I didn't mean plastic as much as what they're built out of, I ment the fancy flares, add-on's and general "riceness" of the car.

And there is the #1 difference between the US and UK in so far as driving styles and road systems are concerned. Not many people in the US care about circuits - we look at speed, power and takeoff. Personally, I would give nearly anything to own classic American muscle. You know, the kind that just sits at a stop light and goes "blub..... blub..... blub....." and shatters windows when punched. I don't care much about how it handles in a circuit, I'll never race it. I'm all about the American small-block V8 sound, feel and torque. Besides, what's more likely to happen by chance, meeting each other at a stop light and dragging or meeting each other at a circuit?

12. DeathAwaitsU

Circuit if your serious, light if u just wanna smoke some fool :hip: . The skyline'd win either way ;) .

Death

13. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

14. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

but the point is sensible people (like britt's) like cars that actually are able to turn corners tighter than supper tankers and breaking isn't something is slow and liesurely (like most american cars).

you see american cars have steering that goes vaguely in one direction then after about a week it may go in the other, breaking is like watching a duck landing on a frozen pond (quite funny if you have ever seen it). they also have big stupid V8 engines whose displacements should be measured Cubic Metres not Cubic Inches and have fuel comsumptions measured in MPG (metres per gallon) and produce carbon monoxide in blocks the size of a house. take for example on of GM's production engines it a 4.6L V8 and it produces not very much horsepower (250) and not very much torque (225 ft-lb's).

Now good cars have steering thats sharper than a pin head and breaking that otherwise is only possible if you hit a wall. to the engines i hear you cry well most good but also sensible cars (that i can think of) have no more than an striaght 6 engine and definatley don't go much above 3-3.5L......one such example that i can think about is the Volvo (don't laugh) V70 T5-R, even though it is a volvo and it is an estate it have 250HP and about 240 ft-lb's of torque and can reach 60 MPH in 6.9 seconds (for the records the engne is a turbocharged 2.3L inline 4). so as you can see its a volvo so it won't fall apart, it will carry more stuff than 'stang or a 'vette and it doesn't hang about at traffic lights.

just so you know i myself am not against american cars or V8 engines but i have just been trying to point out the differences between them and european cars...

i myself would love to own a Dodge Caharger or a Shelby Mustang GT-500 but

well thats my bit over and done with.....

K.I.T.T.

15. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N New Member

as Dad said nothing beats american muscle! that blub blub sound is just plain awesome. and the roar of the engine when you floor it can't compete with a tiny little european car :D and don't hate on our large engines and such thats OUR society not yours.

16. mUrml

mUrml New Member

Funny you mention it, the new 'Vette is actually 6-7 seconds faster than the ooh sooo good european car Porsche 911, around the nordschleife on Nurburgring(read it in some magazine). A circuit which doesn't only demand engine power but also handling.
    And my god it's possible to get american cars that handle nice. It's just that the americans prefer something else than europeans do.

Besides that, I enjoyed reading you post, quite funny (to the notice, the volvo of which you speak is equipped with a 5 cylindre engine, not 4 ):p

Personally I also prefer good ol' american muscle. Nothing beats the sound and the feeling of a mighty 427 big block :hip:
    Only downside is that here in Denmark the gas is so darn expensive :eeek:

17. Stompy

Stompy New Member

Amen to that.

18. tipsterb

tipsterb New Member

oohh that skyline's fit, though i dont find the point buying that one thought, buy a normal r34, spend money on parts for it and you can easily get it faster than that. Then again if i was to buy a japanese sports car i definently go for a rx7's instead.

Personally i get bored stiff driving in straight lines, whatever speed im going, but driving round a nice b road in the middle of snowdonia or the lakes is just soo exhilarating and fun, would love to test drive a lotus Elise around there.

american cars normally dont do anythink for me except that 'vette in the 70's show, oooohhh its fit!!, :) all about personal perference isnt it though. :worried: :thumb:

adios

19. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Damn nice car, I bet for the money it will cost.. You could get something a bit more appeling for abit more

- S

20. DeathAwaitsU

Probably less, i'm sure the majority of TVR's are under 200 grand ;) .

Death

Tags: