1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Skype is driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Software' started by kim, 18 Feb 2021.

1. kim

kim hardware addict

I never really liked Skype, but I have to use it with my work or because some of my friends abroad use it, but it seems like every update makes it a bit more annoying to me...
    The hatable point is that, I don't like and I don't want to let skype open when I don't use it, but, it requires to untick the option:
    "Start Skype automatically when you sign in"
    My problem is, every time I need to open Skype, I must write my ident and password again... I cannot find any option to keep it recorded, though I think it was possible in previous versions...:worried:

2. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Can you use the web version through Chrome/edge instead of the desktop app? Then set your browser to remember your sign in details.

kim likes this.
  3. kim

kim hardware addict

Well...thanks for your tip @VictorianBloke ,this is a smart idea :grin::clap:
    Actually I don't use neither Edge or Chrome (I'm definitely Firefox), but I will dig around to see if there is a way to do the same with firefox, and if not, I will use Chrome only for skype if need be.