1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Skype

Discussion in 'Software' started by RichCreedy, 29 May 2011.

1. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

has anyone else noticed that the new update for skype has installed something called easybits go?

was a bit peeved as i didnt ask for it, so uninstalled it, but you also need to go to skype, and tools, options, advanced and the manage other programs access to skype and remove it.

2. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Yeah, it looks awful and i removed it as soon as i saw it, skype has been heading downhill for a short while now (and no i'm not bashing MS, it began before the buyout). It sucks and i spose i'll move on and use gmail voice chat or some other alternative in the future.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You have to clock on the "Advance" button on the first install screen to uncheck any additional crap it comes with it. Skype is not making money, sadly. Hence why their product was going downhill since version 4.

Microsoft has 2 methods... either do like Zune, and just through money at it, just to have something out (despite being an excellent product). Or try and make money on it.. so ads in the program, like MSN, and all that. Personal, I am in favor of the: here is a free version, here is a pro version. Pro you pay like 15-20$, and you don't have the ads. Simple, and inexpensive that you don't mind saying yes to, especially if the program is pretty good. Example: Trillian (well not now, now it's a pay per year subscription, for 12$ per year... but still a good deal (for those you already purchase Trillian 5 back before this plan at 25$, they have it for ever)

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?