1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlaterSpeeds 'Liquified' - Update 09/08/04 - Stage2 Started!! (Painting)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by slater, 9 Feb 2004.

1. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

For the fun of it mainly. Im also trying to show people what i can do (showing off :rolleyes: ). Oh and of course noise reduction :thumb:

Granted the Southbridge is not going to gain me anything but it will look very cool to have a fully w/c mobo

The PSU is attuly quite benificial as eaven the 'silent' ones make noise. Personaly i dont care but there are alot of people out there who get worked up about that kind of stuff

2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

damn mate that's sweet

3. benje

benje Minimodder

slater im not getting worked up! just having a "stab" i suppose. Nothing personal i just think its a waste of time. But hell we all do stuff that is a waste of time sometimes, i was just curios :naughty: :rock: rock on with the wicked modding

4. slater

Yeh no problem. I am of the oppinion that adding 10cc tubes, painting everything in crappy uv paint and cutting a flame shaped window in the side of my case is a waste of time but some people appear to like it!

With me i like watercooling :thumb:

(no offence to the UV lovers either :p )

5. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

i love what you have done and what i am doing for my computer case (WC rig) is making a water leak alarm and water level alarm (oh yeah and coffie maker) just thinking prehaps with all the joins and things that you have prehaps you should look into getting a water leak alarm for the system (it just sits at the bottom and when the contacts are connected by water it goes off (very easy))

6. slater

I will have a think about something like that Twunka.

Ive ordered a new psu from ebuyer and some molexs and wire from m00ie so im going to get on with that next (fancy a change from constantly building w/c bits)

Am going to mod the psu to include a plug/relay for the pump and do one rail for the drives with 90deg molexes and new wire. The other rail im unsure of yet but that will be used to power fans and aux stuff.

Im looking into buying one of those sunbeam rehobus and modding it to suit and possiby a programable lcd depending on money. and also looking into incorperating some temp probes for cpu,nb,gpu,h2o,mosfet temps etc.

Im going to have 3 5.25" and 2 3.5" bay covers free so there is plenty of room for lcds and the like.

Im not a master eletrician tho so it will be nice and simple :thumb:

7. sonic_87

sonic_87 What's a Dremel?

looking very sweet m8 :thumb: i am rebuilding a lil old trashed case. makeing a new front ect hopefully it will turn out okay. I wish i could set up a watercooling ring like that but the Aquarius 2 is about as far as i am willing to go (cash problem :waah: well i am a student :hehe:) keep up the modding m8. :thumb:

8. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

DO NOT BUY an aquarius 2 man. they suck. take ur money and go buy a swiftech or danger den
    sorry offtopic lol

9. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

good work :rock:

10. Quattro

Quattro What's a Dremel?

Great job mate!

Hey man,

That is one hell of a job you've done there.

You could build a block and sell it on here!!

11. Poppa_joe

Poppa_joe What's a Dremel?

You my man are well on your way to being a dam good aluminum TIG welder. The welds attaching the bards to the tank are a little rough but round stuff is really hard to weld. Look up the words "walking the cup and TIG pipe welding." This technique makes welding round things way easier. Check out this link. Walking the Cup I have taken a bunch of college level TIG welding courses and my hat is off to you! You also must have a nice TIG rig to be able to accomplish work like that. I love the idea for the res and water cooling setup. Rock on dude!

12. Father-Time

Father-Time Minimodder

Yuppers me too, my personal opinion is if it produces heat - WATER COOL IT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Coofee maker has never been the same since :wallbash:

Looking good Slater, real good :clap:

13. slater

Thanks for the link :thumb: I think where i went wrong with the barbs was not making the bosses long enough and drilling them too big before welding. The ends of the bosses melted away which made it look messy but i think if i left them 1/4" longer and only drilled them witha 1/4 pilot hole on the lathe first it would be alot easyer. Some smaller filler rods and electrode would probably have helped aswell :thumb:

14. slater

Well ive had some good luck and some bad luck.

Good luck is i won a nice graphical LCD from www.m00ie.com :rock:

[​IMG]

Bad luck is i was all geared up to do some psu sleaving/ wiring this weekend and the psu has not turned up!!! :wallbash:

[​IMG]

Anyway i roughed out a nice hole for the lcd :thumb: bout all i can do for now :waah:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 May 2004
  15. naelq

naelq What's a Dremel?

good work slater3333uk! ;) especially the custom made WaterBlocks! :thumb:

16. benje

benje Minimodder

I bought the exact same lcd off m00ie and i got it, wired up ok, double checked, plugged it in and it doesnt work :waah:
    £30 down the crapper

17. slater

Funny you should say that cous one of the lines on mine semes to be dead! Im 99% sure its wired correctly but whever i putt any writing on that line everything gets scrambled

Have you had a word with m00ie there very helpful :thumb:

18. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

be like me, dont bother with an LCD..less to go wrong aint it slater3333 :thumb:

19. benje

benje Minimodder

yes i have slater3333uk, i doubt theres any chance of a refund or anything though, i did wire the lcd up myself, and rob (m00ie) is such a small business i dont know if i would have the heart to send it baack :(.
    still £30.... :waah:

20. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

It's a little OT, but I just wanted to lend my support to this project - as someone with little or no modding skillz whatsoever (despite an A-Level in Design & Technology) I'm constantly amazed by the high-quality and innovative stuff produced by our readers.

Of course, having the right tools for the job helps, and you certainly seem sorted there!

Hope the rest of the project goes smoothly, and can't wait to see the final results, both aesthetically and performance wise.

Regards,

Geoff
    BT Staffer