1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics SLI Frame rate drops randomly

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Judge Zetsumei, 2 Jul 2010.

1. Judge Zetsumei

Judge Zetsumei What's a Dremel?

I recently bought another GTS 250 for SLI. It works great in most games but in company of heroes and dawn of war 2 the frame rate will plummit to 6-8fps after 10-15 minutes of play.

When this happens MSI Afterburner is saying that GPU 2's usage is only at 10-35%. (Can't read GPU 1 usage, it's always at 0% no matter what game) Clock speeds stay the same though so it's not going into 2D mode. How can I keep the GPU usage up? I've tried alternate frame rendering 1 and 2 in the nvidia control panel but that didnt work.

2. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Might want to look see if anybody has same problem with the same set of drivers as you (check yours are up to date as well)

Judge Zetsumei likes this.
  3. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Try a slightly earlier version of the driver?

Judge Zetsumei likes this.
  4. Judge Zetsumei

Judge Zetsumei What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the help, I checked the relic forums and a lot of other people are having the exact same issue even with ATI cards :\

Update: In case anyone is wondering. It turns out it's a screen overlay issue e.g fraps, xfire, steam, rivatuner. For me, the problem was MSI Afterburner and for others it was Evga precision. Disabling them fixed the problem.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2010