1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development slight Basic HTML problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigal, 1 Jan 2006.

1. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

Hi, i have a little problem in Dreamweaver.. I have the following HTML page i whipped up in PS / Dreamweaver and i want to put a title in the empty bit at the top (before description and after the header. (Its for my ebay auctions BTW..) Dreamweaver wont let me type and center the text in the box there as there is a bit of an image there that it centers too.. so i tried putting a table in there and it didnt like that, the only thing that works is a floating layer, but that floates to the wrong place when put on ebay, it hovers over all their stuff..

surely there must be a way to do this...

HTML Page is here:

http://www.hellzbellz.net/ebay/roland.html

just view source or download using save as if you want / can look in dreamweaver..

thanks Alot!

-Alex

2. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

3. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

bumpage... (yes i know.... but i neeeeeeed this) (pretty please... it is the christmas period...)

4. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

Well, not sure if you still need it as the auction has ended, but seeing as it only takes two secs to fix, ive fixed it....

http://www.nnamdi.co.uk/misc/roland.html

let me know when you have got it so I can remove it from my server :thumb:

5. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

great stuff, thanks alot, the auction was just an example of the problem with the template, there is a layer floating up under the main Ebay "MyEbay, Buy, Sell" links etc.. with the Title of the auction on. I wanted to move it down to where it should be but your solution is great!

Cheers for that!

6. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

Ah, I miss understood what you were saying the problem was :) I suppose you could just remove that layer and put the title with the rest of the content?