1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Slim PS2 mains adaptors recalled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 13 Sep 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Thats funny. My buddy has the recalled power supply, yet on that site not only is Canada not listed, but the US is not listed either. Smart :thumb:

3. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I have a slim PS2... but I really CBA to dig up all the cables behind my entertainment center just to see if I have one. My PS2 is rarely on anyways.

4. TGImages

TGImages Grandpa

I had one of the Xbox recalled cords. Ever since putting the new one on the unit it seems to randomly just turn off every so often. If I wiggle the cord around enough it will stay on but otherwise I get at best 5 minutes until it powers off again. I think I'll stick with the defective cord that at least works.

This wasn't a fix in my opinion... unless the idea was that the unit wouldn't be on long enough to catch fire!

-G

5. Gman22

Gman22 What's a Dremel?

Actually, it wasn't the actual cord. It's the power supply inside of the xbox that is "defective"

Gman22

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, Sony at least has been pretty snappy. Within three days of registering that I have one of the recalled power supplies, a new one slid in the letterbox. No questions asked, no having to return the old one first.

Simply take the new one out of the envelope, put the recalled one in, apply the pre-printed return address sticker and pop back in the post. Easy-peasy.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

that's great !

sony has always made really fragile hardware in my opinion , but it's nice to see that they're actualy working to keep their customers and not lose them to microsoft and nintendo

Tags: Add Tags