1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Slowly growing tired of my HAF 932

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by perplekks45, 27 Sep 2017.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Good day gentlemen,

I bought a HAF 932 back in 2009 and it's still a perfectly fine case. But recently I noticed that I started getting tired of the looks and that working in it isn't too much fun either.

So, long story short I might get a new case before the end of this year. Having seen a Coolermaster Master Case 5 in the wild I have to say I really like the clean look and size of that one. Given that I have to fit an ATX board, a 980 Ti, two SSDs, two HDDs and an H80i in there and I quite like my cases to be roomy, I'd prefer the case to be rather large-ish. I'm still contemplating the Master Case 5 instead of the Pro, but I'm leaning towards the Pro for its cleaner lines with the top cover, the additional fan and drive mounts. Plus it's just 20 Euros more than the non-Pro.

My budget might stretch to anything around the current price of the Master Case Pro in Germany, which you can get for around 130 Euros. Any recommendations?

2. tech45K

tech45K New Member

I got you. I have the same system and so far it is still running perfectly good.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

If you want clean lines, oodles of space I would heartily recommend the Fractal Design Define R5 at 117 EUR from Amazon.de...

4. perplekks45

There are 8 cm in height difference to the Master Case 5. And even more to another case I might consider, the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. Might have to read a couple of reviews to see how I feel about that. Thanks for the suggestion.

5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I've got two systems in R5s, my rig and my server (see sig for details) and both were very easy to build. They're also very quiet which is great when they are say literally 6 inches to the left of my keyboard!

I am sorely tempted to move the Office PC in my sig to one as well. But room limitations mean it would be tight fit...

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

I loved my R3, and when I downsized to my M1 I really noticed what a great job the old case did of keeping everything silent.

Mind you, the weight difference between the R3 and M1 is unbelievable :D

7. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I had the define mini, almost exactly the same as the R5, before my M1 and in some ways I miss it. Although I have my M1 pretty much silent the temps could be better and the define mini did a fantastic job with temps.

When I one day do a water cooled job when I don't need to worry about moving things then I will definitely go the fractal define series route, I love the cases.

8. perplekks45

Looks like a lot of love for the Define series... will have to look into them a bit more. Thanks for the replies so far.