1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Smach Z handheld PC project announces pre-orders

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 2 Mar 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The history of this actually goes back all the way to 2014, they just changed the name along the way:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Steam-Machine-Update#&gid=gallery_2705&pid=1

In all the years since then they have never managed to get a single functional prototype (and the internal prototypes they have shown use completely different components from those promised) into the hands of any independent person to establish a base level of trust into their promises, but now suddenly they promise to ship within just two month?

Plus given the promised performance and dimensions there are some serious doubts regarding how feasible it would be to achieve anything that even remotely resembles a decent battery life.

If it looks like a scam, swims like a scam, and quacks like a scam...

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

What idiot came up with the name Smach Z?

4. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

I'd have thought the battery requirements for this handheld would kill it dead - you can get 3hrs out of a Switch - if you're lucky - and that's using mobile components with Nintendo's know-how behind it.

5. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

It must be a duck.. So they’re a witch! BURN THEM!

6. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Well, Valve and Nintendo both objected to SteamBoy, so they had to rebrand in a hurry.
    Not that it matters what they call it, since they're never going to ship a single unit.

7. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I'm hoping this machine actually comes out and is good. My one problem I've encountered sharing my steam library between my PC and a shield tablet though has been having to change game settings every time you change device. This is something Steam needs to work on and i'm guessing would be an easy fix just to add different profiles for different devices.

Tags: Add Tags