1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics small screen in the pc

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DanH, 11 Dec 2020.

1. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

i was looking to add a small screen in the pc to display the stats like temperature of components mainly

what is the best software to use ive seen lots of fancy screens. the screen will be 800 x 840 resolution and 5 inches

system is amd and gpu is nvidia any help is appreciated

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Jayztwocents on Youtube did a pretty comprehensive video recently on puttting a 5" screen like you're suggesting, in a PC

What I liked was it also included how to set up the software to show what you want to monitor.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Samurize and Rainmeter are your friends. They both support multiple monitors so you can just create a config for this small, second screen. AIDA64 is another, which works with various 3rd party custom screens.

The Samurize site has now disappeared but you can still download the software on other sites. It is pretty self-explanatory. Below is my 5" screen with a Samurize config, which has a WYSIWYG editor and is insanely powerful. It was set up as a second monitor in Windows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What you can see there is:
    - uptime
    - IP address
    - network traffic up and down
    - RAM total, used, size of ramdisk, % page file
    - CPU activity in % and graph (there are two; it's a dual Opteron rig), with tiles flashing orange when activity hits 100%
    - Coolant flow in l/min (it has a flow sensor which is hooked to a fan header on the motherboard; Samurize will perform calculations on output so the flow sensor RPM was divided by 6000 to get L/min)
    - temperatures for CPU1 and 2, GPU and system in degrees C and as graphs.

If the config looks a bit familiar: CUSTOM PC maaaany years ago did an article on setting up a small screen as system stats display. The config they showed was plainly inspired by mine.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2020
    Arboreal likes this.
  4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Also just been reading about Pitikapp for IOS and Android.
    Free app for your phone / tablet and server software for your PC to do system monitoring via WiFi. May be good way of repurposing an old phone or tablet

5. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

very nice i gave NZXTcam a try and it's decent. I will check out samurize and aida

i saw jays video earlier i will have a proper play tomorrow thanks

Arboreal likes this.
  6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

NZXTcam is a quick and easy way to get some system stats. Don't know if it supports a second screen though.

Samurize takes a while to get into --Rainmeter even more so-- but they are insanely powerful and flexible.

7. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

NZXTcam is very good it supports a second screen and it has a decent in game overlay

8. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

You can use an old android phone if you have one laying around.