1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Small Sleek Minimal Water Cooling Design

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ianclowe4c, 26 Mar 2011.

1. ianclowe4c

ianclowe4c What's a Dremel?

Hello out there. This is the first time I have truly posted anything on this website besides comments to others. I am looking into planning my next build. I am wanting it to be water-cooled, sleek, minimal and black aluminum for sure. I am torn between using a micro atx or an atx motherboard mainly because i am not sure if the MSI X58M motherboard is sufficient for a micro atx gaming build. I am torn between several cases and am also open to others out there as well. Please help me decide on what case to use. I am looking at cooling an i7 and two video cards all on one loop. I know i can do it on a 240 rad but wouldn't it be better to use a bigger one. Listed below are the cases i am considering. Please help and give me constructive criticism as to which one to get with considering how much i need to cool. I do think i will be starting with only one video card to start with though.

Silverstone FT-03
    Silverstone FT-04
    Lian-LI PC-V354B
    LIAN LI PC-A04B
    Corsair Obsidian Series 650D

Please also keep in mind that i wanting to keep a black and blue theme for this mod so i am wanting to get a motherboard that can accompany that (MSI X58M).

I appreciate any help that can be provided. This will also be my first water-cooling project so any other help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    ianclowe4c (Ian)

2. cchr

cchr Minimodder

Silverstone FT04?!? That model does not exist, must be a typo i guess right?
    From the cases you've got there, i think that although ft03 is the best looking one, it doesn't provide as much space inside as i would personally like. i'd go for the corsair 650D, but maybe you should also check out the 600T, i know its not fully aluminum but it's also a good choice imo.

3. ianclowe4c

ianclowe4c What's a Dremel?

You are corrent. I meant the FT02

I have narrowed it down to the FT03, V354B and the Obsidan 650D. Please help me chose the best one. I appreciate it guys out there.

4. Paradox42

Paradox42 What's a Dremel?

I would go with the 650d