1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smp Troubles

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Looney, 17 Oct 2010.

1. Looney

Looney CPC Asylum Seeker

Initially i had tried the smp Dos Clients on two occasions and decided against it completely.
    Now tried it using the FAH Tracker which seems to make it far more usable.
    I was doing fine with the 481 pointers. Could get a % every 8 minutes or so on a Q6600 at stock. But now i got a 1395 POINTER and this thing is taking almost half an hour to complete a %. Realistically i do not like to run 24/7 so am trying to see if the deadlines are managable with say 8 hours a day. Reckon i can knock out the smaller ones but was wondering if these larger units are common place, and if there was anything that can be done to speed them up without effecting the 2 x gpu's i have running or having to overclock.
    Any help or pointers gratefully received,
    Thanks
    Reb :eeek:

2. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

Sounds like you've been assigned work from the P 6040 'family'. There's nothing you can do about it I'm afraid. The deadlines were moved forward on these projects or at least they were for P 670x. This means you may be able to complete within the deadline with no bonus but its seems unlikely if you can't run 24x7.

3. Looney

Looney CPC Asylum Seeker

Well i have had to break my own rules on this HUGE unit!
    I should have it complete tonight.... But thats with running it 24/7 for the past 2 days.
    I even attempted a 20% overclock on my cpu in a bid to speed it up.
    BUT.... i think i got rubbish RAM which would not go past 10% which gave out more heat than power. Such is life. :jawdrop:

Thanks

Loons :eyebrow: