1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Snow!

Discussion in 'General' started by ozstrike, 3 Dec 2008.

1. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

Mate your on, you can have the heat! ugh , 32C inside my bedroom at 9pm @ night is NOT FUN its only just starting to cool down, its 25C in there now... and its 12:42am, this house holds heat like a son of a bitch! its like 19C outside now thanks to a southerly change but the weather bar tomorrow (showers and a max of 25) is 28-33ish weather for the next 6 or so days :(

its normally like 16 or 17 in winter in there max

i think instead of buying 2 22" monitors or 1 22" & a 4850 when i get paid next week im buying a bloody air conditioner to stick in the window hahaha

THAT VIDEO IS AWESOME! :D:D

2. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

[​IMG]

this is the most snow (Jan 2007) i have seen in this country since i moved here in '97 and it only lasted for a day or so

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

We had a light dusting of snow the other day, but it tends not to stick well in Manchester centre... Near-3 inches at home the other day though, looks like another 6 might fall tonight too. :D

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Its funny as soon as your out side the bypass or over the bridge you end up snowed in but in the city barely a flake. I used to live in Penicuik great fun missing school 3 out of 5 days in the winter.

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

It's still too warm to wear a jacket if you're out walking down this way. We've had some hail showers, but really it's not even cold enough to mist your breath.

6. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

snowed quite nicely yesterday, although today it was just tons of ice everywhere.

i'm another who hates the heat. give me winter anytime :D

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

No snow here, but I got caught in ice yesterday morning. I was on my way to meet a new client, decided to take the usual short-cut over the top of the mountain. Not such a silly idea, it was raining at the time. It wasn't until I got to the top of the mountain that I realised the water had frozen...trying to drive down a slope with very little traction is scary :eeek:

I eventually came unstuck at a hairpin that was frozen right across the road. Nowhere to get traction, I slid round sideways. Several people had got stuck there too, one had phoned the council to get a gritter lorry up there.

Half an hour later, gritter lorry comes up the road at great speed, loses it round the corner then proceeds to slip back down...finally came to a rest 6ft away from someone's car. Needless to say, much shouting ensued.

In the end, it took me over two hours to do a trip that should have taken 30 mins...

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Denver missed the snow again last night. Denver airport has had 1.7 inches this year but ..... Loveland ski resort has 102" already. That's a good place for snow - over where I can see it from my 3rd story window that faces west.
    I like the warm!

john

9. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

we have about 2-4 cm on the ground and it's been snowing / raining / freezing here in the capital of canada :D. How ever they say were supposed to get as much snow as we did last year. I seriously hope not as i don't think i can take another winter with 400+cm of snow.

10. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I'm headed out to North Carolina in 2 weeks. The snow looks pretty deep there already (Beech Mountain). Should be a good Christmas :)

11. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

we usually row to work/college anyway (Living in the Dale of York ftl), we've had to skate this week :)

12. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

the good ol farmers almanic says that we will have a lot of snow this winter. So far we only have about 1foot in some places. Guess its going to be a long winter.

13. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

We have had quite a bit of snow in Durham and our college's lake has been frozen for a few days now (Van Mildert if you know it). It thaws a bit round the edge during the day but the middle stay frozen, thick enough to support a chair and a bike wheel.
    They have removed the chair, with a rick tied to the end of a network cable, but can't reach the wheel!
    [​IMG]

14. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

curses. ah well i guess i am glad i live in an apartment with underground parking :D

15. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

I'm sick of the snow already. Here in Wisconsin, we've got 6 inches on the ground and the back roads that I usually take are covered in ice and snow. It was 3 degrees F out when I left work last night with a wind chill of - 1 million... at least that's how it felt.

I'd be perfectly happy with 2 weeks of winter weather and the rest nice and toasty summer weather. I need to move :)

16. chrisb2e9

17. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

what is that in celsius ? i am not sure if it beats the -17c it is right now. and it's only going to get colder here. ugh i hate winter.

18. chrisb2e9

Tags: