1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling So erm, this isn't good no?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mars-bar-man, 20 Jun 2013.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well, I rebuilt my PC with an 1150 CPU the other day, took my H80 off to find this:

[​IMG]

Reckon I could get an RMA? It was bought off here about 14 months ago, don't know when or where it was bought new.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

yeah something isn't right there...

i'd have a word with corsair... their RMA are normally quite good even when the stuff is outside the warranty...

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

5 year warranty direct with corsair for hydros as far as I'm aware. I never had an issue with RMAing corsair memory even after being purchased from ebay so I'd imagine this wont be an issue.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Same happend to me with an H50, Just be gratefull you caught it berfore any major damage was done. To be fair Corsair's RMA service is excellant so I'm confident you'll get a replacement (whether you can trust an all in one unit is a different matter).

5. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

good ol' galvanic reaction!

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Sweet, I've RMA'd it, well, I've put in a request. I'll still trust all in ones, as I just don't have the time or energy to make my own.. although I am tempted right now to bust out my old D5, cylinder res and buy a 120mm radiator. Hmmmm. Tempting.

7. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

ooohhh not good hope it didn't bugger the new cpu

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Nah, I never installed it into my case when I put the new CPU in. I'm using the ever so awesome stock cooler at the moment. Talking of which, if you guys could take a look here, I would be damn grateful :)

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I've had three AIOs so far and I've got rid of all within a few days. H50, H60 and the intel thingy.

All of them had their issues and I don't trust watercooling in any way anymore. Too many water-hazards throughout my PC-history, allthough most of them happened when we used to build watercooling with aquarium and car-parts :p

10. scuppy

scuppy Minimodder

If you're wanting to upgrade that 120 for a 240mm Rad I'm selling one in the For Sale section ;)

11. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I seem to read so many problems with these 2 piece units. Not corsair specifically but just in general.

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Only ever read about problems with the ones made by CoolIT, this includes the Corsair units.

13. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I've read about noisy pumps, broken pumps on some of the various brands. Maybe it's just because of the popularity and quantities sold. You're bound to get a percentage of failures.

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

As with most purchases, the large proportion of internet conversation will be regarding problems. AIOs have the disadvantage of potentially damaging other components as well, compared to the vast majority of benign components in a rig.

Corsair have a great track record of providing fair compensation for components damages by meltdown, which in itself indicates that the number of failures is more than acceptable to then - otherwise they would be withdrawn for the market pronto.

My advice to AIO buyers is to go with a product backed up by a decent warranty with clear compensation terms, and replace the unit upon expiration of the warranty.

For the record my H55 runs silent and smooth (with two AP120s under my fan controller), and when I ramp her up I'm wearing headphones so noise is less of an issue.