1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I Joined the DarkSide!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by atanum141, 25 Jun 2006.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

So I got Myself a new toy yesterday...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is my first time owning a DS and Oh my is it lovely. the Black paint work is sublime and uber shiney yet it does show up finger prints. I was confused as to what game to get but i got Metroid Prime: Hunters and Ive been loving it, the touch screen is wicked.

All i need to do now is try and figure out how to use the DS with my wireless Access point.

2. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

DS only supports 80211.b and WEP encyption, so as long as you enable that on your access point it should work no problem.

3. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

I got my black DS lite saturday too. It took me a bit to get it connected, but the nintendo site was pretty useful. Google nintendo wireless. The one thing I did find is that wireless landline phones can interfere with it more than my pc connection. Even though I was about 2 meters form the AP the signal was rather weak, but still playable. I got hunters too, I am still getting used to the whole stick/aim thing.

4. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

One sweet toy there, I think that now the Lite is out and it can match the size, design and ergonomics of the PSP, but seems like it's inherited the PSP's fingerprinted maget or a surface... or is the cover a more matt black on the Lite? Seems to be slightly duller than the PSP's.
    Don't own a DS myself but they are one hell of a portable gaming console to rival the PSP...

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

nope the ds is a glossy fingerprint magnet from hell as well the outside anyway. they need to sell these with polish and dusters. still looks nice though.

6. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I found with my DS Lite that it may gather fingerprints easily (not too bad as long as you keep your hands clean), but they wipe off sooo easily it's not even an issue. It's not like some surfaces where it gathers fingerprints & then doesn't wipe off, it just smears.

You need to get the Brain Age Trainer atanum141, it's awesome. My brain is now 2 years younger than me :rock:

http://www.brainage.com/

7. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

That would mean that your brain is...well, it's just still old. :worried:

I still love you though, Hex....and I"m still planning on raiding your town when I get around to buying myself a DS lite and Animal Crossing.

omg, we have the same post count!

8. atanum141

Wicked Hex, yeah i too have found that the smudges wipe off easilly. I dont have a cover for it yet but im using that plastic thingy that came with the unit at a temperory(sp?) but its all good. Im currently blasting away thru Metroid Prime Hunters and im nearly done. I ve just ordered Mario kart so that should be fun. tho i did play the brain game and had a laugh at what 5x8 was.....lol.

On the downside tho, I went to nintendowifi site to see if i can hook up my D-Link router to the DS and no such luck. The DS couldnt find the router? which is really weird as my entire home network is wireless and a machine downstairs can find my network yet the DS cant......quite sad. Im thinking of purchasing a Ninty wifi usb stick thingy.

Im glad i got this now as i really thought i wasnt gonna use it, but ive sen the Opera browser that they will be releasing soo so that should be fun!

9. Hex

Ahhh what D-Link router have you got? Not the G604T by any chance? If it is, I have that and it doesn't work with the DS :( unless you stick the Australian firmware on it. Then it works like a dream :thumb:

10. atanum141

where can i find the australian firmware? i cant find it?

11. Hex

http://www.dlink.com.au/Products.aspx?Sec=1&Sub1=1&Sub2=2&PID=50

Just make sure you choose the right version (rev. A or B. should be obvious if you look at the serial number on your router). Mine was installed in minutes. I had to set up all the Virtual Servers again and change the IP range from 10.x.x.x to 192.x.x.x, but it seems waaaay more stable on this firmware.

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=110551&thread=666

^that's where I found out about it btw, don't let the thread ID put you off ;)

p.s. I hear that v2 of the EU firmware is out now & fixes the DS problem. However, it doesn't fix one of the issues that the Australian firmware does, so I'll still recommend going Oz.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2006
  12. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

OMFG, I bought my white DS lite today after work along with New Super Mario Bros and Brain Age and they're awesome! The only problem I have is that for some damned reason, Brain Age won't recognize when I say BLUE and I have to repeat it a few times for it to register.

We're still tied for post counts, hexy! ;)

13. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Is the DS reeeally that fun? Ive had alot of fun with my psp but it doesnt have that "clean fun" feeling i'd like with all the firmware hacks and downloaded games I'd like that more childlike fun that I felt when I played with the first DS i got my hans on and i hear animal crossing do they have that for the ds? (its the only reason i haven't thrown away my gamecube)

14. atanum141

Well thanks Hexy, im gonna try the Aus firmware but as your saying that the newest EU firmware fixes this DS issue but what other problems are there with the EU version?

15. Hex

Yeah, mine has issues when I say RED. I find myself saying all the others normally & then overpronouncing R-E-D just so it doesn't think I'm getting it wrong. How old is your brain then bloodcar?
    This thread lists what is sorted in the EU v2 and what isn't:

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=110551&thread=634
    Yes! The DS reeeally is that fun. Yes! The DS has Animal Crossing: Wild World. :D I do love my PSP to bits & still play 'Me & My Katamari' & 'Wipeout Pure' a lot, but I use my DS every single day. Which can't be said of the PSP.

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Argh, I'm really wanting a DS now... That Brain game looks like a serious dollop of fun. Where's the cheapest place to get one?

17. atanum141

Donno matey, i got mine from game, £110 with Metroid. tho i believe that they are doing the Brain Age game aswell in the deal.

18. atanum141

Ok im taking the plunge!!! wish me luck!

19. Hex

Good luck, see you on the otherside ;)

20. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

40. :waah:

I think it's due to the fact that it doesn't recognize my "Blue" most of the time and I"m still trying to figure out exactly how to write my letters quickly and it recognize them the first time. I kinda wish there was a mini keyboard for the memorization game.

It also thinks I wrote a 9 sometimes when I write a 4 or 5. I've gotten so many mistakes in Sukodu from trying to blaze through the puzzle and it recognizes the number I wrote as a different one.

The mini games in NEW Super Mario Bros are fun as hell too! One of my favorites is one where you have to blow on the mic and you blow Yoshi up to the sky ship.

Tags: