Ok so Project Log, right here goes... Introduction: Basically I have all my media on a NAS drive and one day I got fed up of having to move my main PC every time I wanted to watch media on my TV. So I started looking around the net to see what was out there, cutting a long story short I came across the BitFenix Prodigy and it seemed ideal for what I wanted to do. So I ordered one online without thinking about modding it - then I came across a few mods online (watercooling, powdercoating etc) and thought to myself - hey I could do that First case arrived damaged but was replaced very quickly so but this gave me time to think about a theme for the case Mod. The Grand Design I started thinking how could I design the mod around my LAN/Uni Nick - but all the ideas were basically a bit s**te. Then I had a bit of inspiration (possibly after a drink or two or more) - a Battlestar Galactica (BSG) themed mod. For those of you who dont know what BSG is it's a sci fi show that was remade recently (I watched the original growing up) - and my mod is basically themed around this bit of imagery http://hbowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/battlestar_galactica_logo-HBO.jpg any way I made a few sketches (I will look to post a few perhaps - Im not a great artist)... so heres my progress so far (word of warning my weekend shall be the time when I can work on this so expect weekly updates) Project Log 25/8/12 So the case arrived - first thing I did was to take it apart slowly - but not slowly enough, managed to snap one of the plastic tabs clean off (job for araldite later in the project). I then drilled out all the rivets on the case (some with the application of hammer and screwdriver). The case mod revolves around creating a window in one side and a motif cut/etched into the other side. This involved swapping the sides over, as I removed the pcb board with the power supply rest button etc. As I am sure you know sqaures don't exsist in BSG - everything remotly rectangular seems to have the corners cut off - so I started by sketching up the area to be cut out to make the window. I also printed out a stencil to get an idea of fonts to use later on, the initial idea was to put the acrylic on the inside of the case - so I could just glue it on and not worry about it having to look too neat. Anyway the acryllic arrived and I realised that the clearance inside the case between the side panel and internals isn't enough to put the window on the inside so I had the idea - why not put it on the outside and 'carefully' rivet it on. So as you can see from above I have cut out a very rough template for the window... all I can say is safety specs are a must, acrylic seems to like breaking, and my Dremel wannabe (from Maplins) kept throwing little pieces of acrylic into my face. anyway plan for tomorrow is to try and start cutting out the metal for the window. As well as try to get my sketch pics onto here.