1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Not had a huge amount of videogame time between the number of D&D games I'm now running, but I've been mostly dipping in and out of Subnautica: Below Zero. It's a good game but many of the areas feel either unfinished or completely forgotten about, some of the UI choices break my brain a little (like how the module recipes aren't always where you expect them to be).

I still jump into No Man's Sky for a couple of hours each week, it's probably becoming one of my most played games after the Elder Scrolls series... probably because it's easy to pick up where you left off, warp to a new location and explore.

It's not quite a game, but I've been messing about in TaleSpire a fair bit. It's a really good bit of software for creating dungeons, settlements and buildings for tabletop style games. Still a ways to go before it becomes something to use for actually running a game though.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

That's exactly why I keep it all installed and up to date. I have had it since day 1 and have always enjoyed it. Currently running a creative mode save and that has only added to the jump in and out casual nature of the time that I get to play. The continual updates and patches have been amazing and, in my opinion, should be used as a guide on how things should be done with gaming as they have not only "put things right", but also massively exceeded what was initially promised. Plus I have cool ships to fly around in and make pew pew noises with.

suenstar and Hex like this.
  3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Dragon Quest Builders 2. I played the demo on my Switch a while ago, then grabbed it on Xbox as it's on GamePass. I haven't played any other Dragon Quest games before, but there's something quite addictive about it. Some of it just plain makes me laugh, like Britney. She's decked out like Shovel Knight and spouting "lit", "fam", "legit", "totes", etc. and it is so out of place I kind of unironically love it :hehe: The phonetics are awesome too, I'm loving all the UK accents they've included, there's even a character speaking Polari (called Jules no less)!

DQB2 is at its heart, JRPG Minecraft. The combat is awful, the movement can be frustrating at times, but it's got charm and it keeps me coming back :happy:

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The other Dragon Quest games are definitely worth playing if you like JRPGs. 8 and 11 are the two "easy to get" (11 because it's on Steam, 8 because it's a PS2 game and can be found in second hand shops) standouts for me. The older ones did make it to the DS/3DS, but I haven't paid any attention to Nintendo stuff at all since the Wii arrived.

Hex likes this.
  5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I actually really hate RPGs in general, it's the Minecraft building style of this one that got me hooked :hehe:

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I've been eyeing up DQB2 since it hit Steam (I had the first on the PS4 but I've never actually played it... :worried:)

Unfortunately, what little gaming time I do get now, mostly goes into Rocksmith (can I call that a game...?)

Hex likes this.
  7. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Minimodder

WRC9, Deus Ex MD, Half Life 1 (Online)

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Modder

CoH 3 pre-Alpha. Crashed on me though, which makes me reluctant to put all that effort in again.

Might load up SW Squadrons again.