1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

HZD is flipping awesome. I've got through to the Maker's End mission up north and ended up hiding behind a corner to bring down a Deathbringer prior to ascending the tower - this thing is death on legs but I found sticking my head around a corner and plastering it with fire arrows saw it off fairly easily. The story is very intriguing after having it opened up on the way up and then nailed home at the top of the building. I do tend to find little hidey holes where you can sit and take pot shots at machines, particularly in a bandit camp on the way, where there was a Corruptor and a couple of Watchers darting around.

2. liamredskis

liamredskis What's a Dremel?

Elden Ring! This game will go down in history as one of the great gaming masterpieces. It just keeps getting better and better the further I get into the game. What a magnificent world.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

After a year and a half of hardly playing games at all, I am back on Elder Scrolls Online. Actually enjoying game playing again and, not felt like that in nearly two years.

4. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Mash controller for 400 hours, roam around the countryside, beat the odd boss.
    THE END.

5. liamredskis

Come on, that's a very raw oversimplification and you know it :)

6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

All these '3rd person medieval, roam around the countryside' games leave me cold. I prefer immersive sims like Deus Ex MD where you have to use a fair bit of lateral thinking. (Not too much)

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I was a bit non-plus with Horizon Zero Dawn to start with.

It grew on me.

The story got me invested.

Finished it without doing Frozen Wilds so have been doing that on a NG+ not the hardest but one down from the hardest it's a bit tricky levels.

That DLC, loved it. Will now finish off the main story as all side quests and errands done.

So from non-plussed to just ordering Forbidden West which is currently on offer.

Great freebie playstation, you got yourself a sale.

So currently HZD NG+, very soon HFW.

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I loved HZD to bits, did a first NG+ and then another once frozen wilds was out.
    Forbidden West has all of the components of something I should similarly love. I didn't even want it to be materially different from Zero Dawn (and it is not), but I'm half way through the story and for some reason I just don't really have the urge to play it. It's not that it's not great, it's not that I don't enjoy it, it's just not what comes to my mind first when I fancy playing something.

I'm am now fully stuck into World of Waifucraft, which I started to play as SP only during a quiet period in Breath of the Waifu. I planned to drop it as soon as I caught up with the story (and pick it up again briefly for each patch). The story and single player left a lot to be desired, but as it happens it's got me hooked for the MMO aspect, which I was not expecting at all, generally preferring to avoid online play where at all possible.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That's why I thought I'd jump on it now, I may do a final NG+ after this one on Uber tricky level and then hit FW.

I figured straight after HZD will be the best time so if nothing else I'm still in the whole Aloy Universe mindset.

Sequels can be tricky. Hell, I never even bought the Last of Us Part 2 even though the original blew me away. Really gripping at times. Maybe it was all the hoohar about the storyline although I don't even know what that's all about, I never did pay much attention.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I didn't even get through the first one, speaking to those that have I think I may not have even made it 1/3 of the way before putting it down and never returning. All of the components were there for a game that I should have loved, but just didn't get on with it for reasons I can't understand.

11. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Starting the Winters Expansion for Resi 8 this weekend.

Also probably start Dark Pictures: The Devil in me

And my usual, Vintage story. It's like Minecraft but much more fun and complex. I run a server, so if any players out there wanna join the fun, give me a nudge :)

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Been playing Stray on and off. Lovely little game. Beautiful visuals too !

kenco_uk and Byron C like this.
  13. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Lego Star Wars

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I love that game!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm kinda bummed that the gaming press panned it for being too short etc. I would have bought it bloody ages ago !

Same gaming press that gave Metro Exodus over 90% for being the most boring interactive story I have ever "played". If you could even say that, given 90% of it is unskippable waffle :(

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The trouble with any reviewer, is that you don't what standards they are judging things against.

I was going to wait for reviews of the latest WoW expansion but, my wife has bought it. If she likes it, chances are I will too, whatever "reviewers" say about it.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Picked up Subnautica earlier. I only noticed I'd been playing it for over 3 hours because I was desperate for a pee and couldn't hold it any longer. I think it's safe to say that I am enjoying it. Looks like it'll run great on the Steam Deck too.

18. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm not sure if it was the same spot or a similar reason, but it was fairly early on where you were in an office full of clickers and I ended up saving where I was and quit playing it for quite a while. For me, it was figuring out the technique to deal with the infected, whatever I tried just wasn't working. Then it fell into place, progress was made and the story started opening up. The scene where Ellie jumps up on ahead and says to Joel 'Ya gotta see this! Hurry up!' is one which will never be forgotten. It rewards persevering with it, the character development and the oddballs you meet on the way create a great storyline.

19. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

I've been playing Psychonauts 2. As a big fan of the first this was a must buy but the art style, level design and story are truly unique. A must buy for anyone who likes a more quirky game.

20. liamredskis

Just bought D2 Resurrected for PS4 and aiming to make my first ever Bladesin ladder character. I'll probably get it for Switch Lite too, just so I can farm for that Cham rune while laying down lol