1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I've played the first two but only just got the third for the wii. I decided to complete the first two again because they're such great games. It's a shame that nintendo doesn't make another, it'd be a great ace for the Wii U.

I know how you feel, I spend time tinkering with settings and modding games than actually play them. It's so sad.

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Bought the latest humble bundle. Two on the trot, that's a great haul for someone like me XD

I immediately started playing Aces Wild. It's a throwback to some of the beat em ups of old 8 and 16 bit times but man is it punishing. You need to do serious damage by using power attacks, but you have to do rapid weak attacks to power those attacks up. It's high octane, adrenaline pumping mayhem at its best. I was swearing at myself because I failed a couple times; man it's an awesome one.

3. oscy

oscy Modder

Football Manager 2007. I'm taking a break from revision (exams are still about 3 weeks away), and I've had a real hankering for management again, so I'm continuing my main FM career which is FM 07, I'm in the year 2033 or something.

4. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

I decided to pick up Shadowrun Returns yesterday on Steam with it being cheap. I did used to play the pen & paper version many many years back and also the SNES version back in the day.

Played through the first bit and got up to entering the bar, enjoying it so far, I'm not normally one for turn based combat, prefer real time like IWD & BG. I can't get away with games like Kings Bounty and always get killed by the spiders at the very start of Temple of Elemental Evil, however the combat on this is really fluent and fits the game perfect.

5. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Space Engineers with a bunch of mates from the guys I play Arma 3 with. great fun, they have made a viper base with a launch tube to shoot vipers (battlestar galactica style).

ARMA3, multiplayer with a group.

Odd titanfall game on xbone.

New Warland game aswell.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bought because Activision are having a sale. Singularity which I have played before and Timeshift which I have not. And daylight which I have just started and is pretty scary. But there again I am just a big girls blouse.:D

7. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Have you played Amnesia, horror games don't bother me in the slightest but Amnesia really creeped me out. Also Siren Blood Curse on PS3 is creepy as hell, haven't finished it yet and can only play in little bits as it REALLY gets to me, think its the sound direction put to good use with this one, makes it so tense.

Singularity is a pretty cool game, I like the time shifting mechanism used to open up pathways etc. Timeshift I have never played but my son enjoys it on his 360.

EDIT : You can get adult nappies from the Chemist I believe if things get that bad!!!

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yep played Amnesia and I agree it was creepy particular when that monster was close by.

I'll keep in mind the adult nappies. Cheers. Lol.

9. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

The Penumbra games are great, seems a lot of people get creeped out playing them, not me of course :worried:
    Penumbra Black Plague is my fav.

10. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

copious amounts of dota 2
    a bit of diablo 3: Reaper of souls

11. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Just been hauling 3 tonnes of pig iron (Z28) down a road on Grid 2. It was fun and vewy pwetty. Can't believe how the GTX 580 handles 8x AA as if it's not even doing anything. My poor old crossfired 5770's would be brought to their knees.

Last edited: 3 May 2014
  12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Hunter-gatherer sim, which I find awesome.

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Breakpoint a mod of Amra 3, it has some nice spooky music to get your tense senses going.

14. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Mainly been chugging through Skyrim for the last couple of weeks, but took a break for an hour of UT'99 goodness.

Made me think - UT99 has something that 2003, 2004 & UT3 all missed out on. Something about the overall pace and the fluidity of the game just makes it more appealing to me, despite how much prettier the newer games are.

15. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Just finished the "Single player" on Titanfall.

My, what a steaming pile that was.........

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

After a few months away from it (to get into BF3) I've gone back to Halo Reach and am loving it. I have discovered that with online multiplayer, what you're playing isn't as important as who you're playing it with. XBL is a toilet at the best of times, but there are genuinely nice people on it, you just have to find them. I had the best few hours I can remember playing Reach with a few of my American XBL friends last night. In between joking around, laughing and chatting, we managed to rack up about 10 or 12 wins, basically every game we played but one :)

It was a 'you had to be there moment' but at one point Nat had me in tears laughing. She was guarding the recently spawned sniper rifle so I could come and collect it, and as I picked it up she said "Now, be careful with that Uni. I don't think the safety's on! See, what can sometimes happen is when the game lags out to black screen (which happens when the host changes) the rifle can respawn with the safety off!" :lol:

Good people, good games, good times :thumb:

Last edited: 9 May 2014
  17. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Picked up goat simulator, currently amusing myself with it. Good times.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Got around to playing Saints Row IV. Plays exactly like the Third but even more ludicrous. I've yet to progress the main story beyond the first mandatory starting missions but so far, so Saints.

Also dipping into Crysis 3 after having finished 2. How the eff the original Crysis storyline went from generic alien invasion to something that crap is beyond me. Seriously, a drunk five year old would do better - even he was somehow incapacitated and could only communicate by vomiting. Still, the gameplay is still quite fun.

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Picked up a couple of Steam games recently, so started The Force Unleashed, Republic Commando and Call of Duty, good times :D

Also started a new game on Don't Starve the other day, wonder how long that will last!

20. oscy

oscy Modder

Republic Commando is great, one of those cool little one-off games that's not iconic but is good fun. Force Unleashed was good fun too, the sequel is hilariously bad. Literally just 4 levels, one of which is literally 15 seconds long, and the big final showdown is just a boss battle where Darth friggin' Vader runs away all the time sicking expendable enemies on you like he's a boss from a Mega Drive game.